Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #1 
jesstanner

Red face How can a fish be so addicting?

Last week I bought my first betta fish, a 2.5 g tank, a heater, and a filter (temporarily removed until I can figure out how to baffle it because it was WAY to strong). Since then I have become OBSESSED with betta fish. Thanks a lot guys...I blame you! This never would have happened had I not found this site, and not seen you guys talking about aquabid. I've spent at least 6 hours on the site in the past 4 days. I need to get a life soon or else I'm gonna end up with like 30 tanks! My name is jess and I am a betta addict. :)
jesstanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #2 
luluo

I know where you're coming from. I just got my guy last week and I'm already considering putting a 20 gallon long in my livingroom. Not sure whether I'd do a divided tank for males or a sorority tank. I need to find a good looking, solid and cheap stand first and then work on getting the aquarium planted.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

Same. I've been corrupted as well. I only have my Akira at the moment but on Friday I'm getting another betta. Either a male or female. (Ugh I wish Wal-Mart took better care of their girls.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #4 
fleetfish

You're Welcome, Jess! All of us here are betta addicts - feels good to be among betta lovers, because we know exactly what you mean

Last edited by fleetfish; 04-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #5 
Burd

I'd love the answer to the question you pose because this hobby is consuming so much of my time! I sit and watch mine for hours... it's relaxing. And wastes so much time I'd otherwise be working.

I started a few weeks ago with just my Jabu-Jabu in a 1.5g that I found at walmart. After reading a lot of info on here, yahoo answers, etc. that little tank got returned and I now have a fully planted and stocked 10g tank with my betta, some danios and shrimp.

And I want MORE. GAH!
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #6 
jesstanner

haha yea! hmmm can I keep bettas in critter keepers? If so...I may be able to afford this other that I love!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #7 
tracyalexa

I am with u all. I started only two months ago and I now have 7 and one coming from Thailand. It's insanity. Haha. I have one in a critter keeper and I keep a heating pad under it. It stays at 79 degrees. All the rest are in filtered tanks. I've spent a lit of money so far......
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #8 
russalka

I admit I am also fascinated/addicted. My main limit right now is I promised my son that I would stop at 3 and I don't want to break a promise.
russalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #9 
jesstanner

Yep, well I went to Walmart today to buy a picture frame and walked over to look at the fish. Every single betta was dead. And in the big tanks there were a lot of dead fish too. It was awful. :P
Old 04-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #10 
beta novice

poor bettas welcome to the club lol
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote