Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #11 
Seka

Dodo does a pretend jump. He goes vertical with his mouth at the surface of the water. Then he propels himself up, but doesn't actually leave the water because he only does it against the tank glass where there's a ledge right above him. It's kind of weird, but really funny.

He has jumped a few times, though.
Seka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #12 
Neil D

I'm glad I don't have a plakat! They seem pretty cool though! I saw a white one at my lfs a little while ago for 19.99$!! But I got a super healthy DeT named Josh for 14.99$.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #13 
Luimeril

Lulu is just your average female. i don't think Pet Lover's has ever gotten in non-giant Plakats. those boys were HUUUUUUGE! o_____o i felt sorry for them, too, cause they were shoved in regular-sized betta cups. ;A; the one i wanted, was a white and blue marble, for $9. :d i didn't have the tank space for him, though. i'd have felt horrid, putting him in a one or two gallon. ;A;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Haha. After reading everyone's posts about their bettas, I still don't understand how people can be content to house them in cramped, unheated jars. They miss out on seeing so much of their fish's personality.

The funny thing is, he only jumps when he sees a human face. The cats drink out of his tank all the time and he just swims over and watches. I have to tell people not to put their fingers in because he does bite, and then kind of latches on.

For whoever asked how big the tank is, it's 60 x 18 x 30cm so around 8 gallons. I like how long and shallow it is - it gives Brighid room to do his 'Jaws' impersonation.

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #15 
Neil D

Oh, my tank is a standard 10 gal. Josh and the cardinals like it. Josh bites. I should make a sign that says that. Beware: He Bites!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

It's why Brighid lives next to my door. He is my guard betta I use him on guests that come over telling me how boring fish are, or ask why I keep them in such 'big' tanks when they can live in puddles.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #17 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Haha. After reading everyone's posts about their bettas, I still don't understand how people can be content to house them in cramped, unheated jars. They miss out on seeing so much of their fish's personality.

The funny thing is, he only jumps when he sees a human face. The cats drink out of his tank all the time and he just swims over and watches. I have to tell people not to put their fingers in because he does bite, and then kind of latches on.

For whoever asked how big the tank is, it's 60 x 18 x 30cm so around 8 gallons. I like how long and shallow it is - it gives Brighid room to do his 'Jaws' impersonation.

i ADORE that tank! where'd you get it? :O it's amazing!

i think my bettas are all good examples of how un-boring fish are. :3 Caroline LOVES watching me, all day long. Lulu goes spazzy sometimes, and wiggles whenever anyone comes close to her tank. Cup is angry at everything(bitter old man. xD). Ichi's so adorable. Zidane's so shy. Theo's a wonder by himself, being partly blind. and Chappy's so cute. o3o
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #18 
Silverfang

that's a wonderful set up! bet he can zoom when he's in the mood!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #19 
FuulieQ

Sounds like you're gonna need a lid. xD

It's weird, my HMPK boy has NEVER jumped. He spends all his energy bubble nestin' and glass surfin' and food beggin'.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #20 
Neil D

Hmph! > my betta has never made a bubble nest! I've only had him for two weeks though. Lol