Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 
monroe0704

Tornadoes

Did anyone get affected by the massive tornado front that passed through in the past week??

Thankfully the Tuscaloosa tornado shifted north and missed my friend by a mile. Also, thankfully, my house in Arkansas was just barely missed! The street next to ours was demolished!

I need a weather radio before I head back down to Arkansas in a month...
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

There were tornadoes near my parents house last night but thankfully they went just a couple miles south of them.

A facebook friend lives near the Univ of AL and we still haven't heard from him on facebook :( Everyone is starting to get really worried but we're all forum friends so no one has anyone else's phone number.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #3 
monroe0704

Oh man! That's terribly frightening. I was tracking the storm for my friend since I went to school initially for meteorology lol... and I was scared just watching it on the radar. :( What a horrible time frame for that state! I hope he's ok...
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #4 
gmd1800

My family was fine when tornadoes ripped through my town back home. My boyfriend's family in Raleigh, NC is fine too. They lived about 20 minutes away from where the tornado touched down, and the only damage was some felled trees and a giant tree branch that broke through their back porch. Nothing insurance couldn't fix.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #5 
Dragonlady

We had a tornado warning this morning when it was time for school. The tornado caused some damage about 20 minutes away, but I was not effected.... other than spending the morning in our basement.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #6 
PitGurl

I live in north alabama. It's a total mess here. Tornado damage everywhere. We were lucky where I live but about 5 miles down the road was not as fortunate. We finally have power and cable now but many places still don't.

My HMPK is supposed to come tomorrow and I don't know if the mail is running. I tried to get a hold of my transhipper to tell her not to ship him until next week but I had no way to get in touch with her. I just now found out he was shipped this morning. Luckly I did express shipping so at least I'll have a DOA refund if he doesn't make it.

Please keep Alabama in your thoughts...
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a cousin in Gardendale, Alabama and she's fine, except for losing power. I also have a cousin in North Carolina who lost everything in a tornado a couple weeks ago. We had tornadoes too, not too far away from us.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #8 
roypattonphoto

my home state has been hit hard all year... Old Miss... half my home town was wiped out last year about May or June , then they had another one a couple months in the middle of the night form right over downtown ... this last system didnt get close but the poor town has been taking a pounding on wind storms and rain ....

i was looking at a Weather Model the other day, and the whole South East part of states has a nice pocket, its just a matter of time before it explodes .. its already started ie Alabama...... just wonder what else it has waiting...
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote