Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #1 
iheartslb

Smile Two Bettas, New to Forum!

BEFORE!
AFTER!
That is Carlton, the top picture is about two hours after we rescued him from the awful blue cups of death at a nearby Petsmart. He's such a sweet heart, even though he puts on a tough front, lol.

BEFORE!

AFTER!
And this is Winslow. We bought him from the same Petsmart, about four months after we had Carlton. He was so small and beautiful, and so very skittish! Now he's slightly bigger, and still shy. He never "puffs up" really, and when he does it's funny, because he doesn't have a beard, but it appears he puffs out his gills (I'll try to get a picture up of this, but it's a rare event!)

The only issue I am having as of yet is that I want a bigger tank that I can divide and have them share, but I'm broke (college student, 'nuff said) and I'm not having any luck on craigslist and such. But that will be our next move. lol.

Oh- and here's the tank I have Winslow in, Carlton's is just the same, only on the right side of the table, lol.

-Samantha
iheartslb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #2 
CyerRyn

Their gorgeous! Glad you rescued them and I bet Carlton and Winslow are very happy too. :P

Last edited by CyerRyn; 04-24-2011 at 05:10 AM.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #3 
BettasForever

At Walmart they have a 5 gallon starter kit with filter, food, hood,(with light) water conditioner, the tank itself, for $27 that you could divide between the two of them and have 2.5 gallons for the both of them. It's a good deal, I have the tank for my guppies. :p Here's the link- http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653

Anyways, welcome to the forum, I love your bettas! <3
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #4 
iheartslb

So I recently realized that I can shoot video on my DSLR and make it slow motion- this is Carlton, his tank has the center tubing that allows the air stone to be placed in the center. For the past week I've had it off because for some reason, no matter what, when the air stone is on, the water temp drops. So without the air stone, my "special" fish likes to swim in his tube. This is a slow mo video of him coming out of it, and then flaring up. No fish were harmed in the making of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2cxY...er_profilepage
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

Have you considered taking some of the gravel out of the tanks? It might give them more room :D

Noice fish.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #6 
iheartslb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Have you considered taking some of the gravel out of the tanks? It might give them more room :D

Noice fish.
It just appears that there's a ton of gravel, but I've got it set up where there's really not a lot in there. There's a ton of room for them , it's just that it looks like there isn't.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #7 
YoshesMom

that video is a crack up
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #8 
iheartmybettas

Welcome to the forum! Very pretty bettas. I am in the DFW area as well. :) I have one of those aquaview tanks for my betta that keeps me company at work. I actually just took out the whole undergravel system and bought a $10 whisper 10i filter. It is so much better and more room for swimming. Plus those undergravel filters like that don't do anything helpful. I just leave a circle in the middle with no gravel so the light can still shine through.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #9 
babyk

teheh! I lovee the video
babyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #10 
iheartslb

It's that time again- ANOTHER VIDEO!
I've actually fallen in love with making videos of my bettas and slowing them down, it's great to watch their little fins flutter in slow motion for once lol.
Here's a clip of my blue/black betta jumping out of the water, which he does every time I go to feed him. I don't know why he does it though. He's just odd.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH!