Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #11 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
well, I'll tell you now, and feel free to ask again if necessary :D

1) you win/buy the fish
2) the seller will email you the price of the fish plus exporting (5 dollars), and tell you to pay him or her via paypal. Respond back by telling him or her which trans-shipper you want.
3) The shipper will ship out your betta on the closest monday, and will be recieved by your transhipper on Tuesday.
4) the trans-shipper will send you an email tuesday once they get them, along with the costs.
5) You pay via paypal for whatever method of shipping your chose, and if necessary leave a little note specifying anything in particular, like if you don't want a signature to be necessary, or if you want it to be kept in the post office, or whatever.
6) The transhipper ships out your fish ASAP and sends you an email with the tracking number.
7) unless there is an issue, you will get your fish the day that is expected.
8) You send an email to your trans-shipper saying you got your betta alright without any issues, and then it's common to leave feeback to the seller.
Thanks!
So sellers that arent in the USA are okay cause the fish gets a pit stop at a transhipper :P
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

Well it depends on the transhipper...Jen (Hopdiggity) un-bags the fish and places them in jars of clean water but Linda (my transhipper) keeps them in the bag as was requested by the Thai sellers...she just sorts and packs them up and gets them out pretty quickly...I'll be picking some up from her soon.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #13 
smellsfishie

Thanks everyone for all this info. I am looking to purchase on AB myself, some time, and I have heard good things about hopdiggity and martinismommy as well. I am nervous about buying a fish from thailand but I guess, from the sounds of it, it is really not that bad?
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid