Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #1 
CyerRyn

Divided 10Gal. question

So I decided to divide my 10gal. today using Top-fin divider. I wasn't really sure what to do since I had a feeling that the screen would still let them see each other and now they just flare at each other. Is it okay if I were to give it a day to see if they calm down from it? Or would that hurt them? Or is there another trick to darkening the screen? Here's a picture of my set-up:

I actually had to hot-glue a leggo in the corner of it cuz there's this 1/4in gap between the divider and the glass but only on the top corner but not shown in this picture.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #2 
celine18

#1. lower that water!!!! those guys can jump over the net and start fighting! always leave a good 2 inches so they can't jump and get to each other.

#2. try to block their view by moving plants and decorations in front of the screen.

give them a day or two to chill out, they'll probably get used to each other after a bit.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #3 
CyerRyn

The divider goes to the top of that black edge.. there's no possible way they can jump over it with 1/4inch between the divider and the board I have covering it.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #4 
lalalaura

It won't hurt them if you give them a few days. They probably will calm down once they realize they can't get to each other. I'd say give it a week or 2 and if they haven't calmed down then you should try something else.
I second the idea of putting plants infront of the screen to block their view.
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #5 
CyerRyn

It's been less than 24/hrs since I set up the divider.. and I think their settling in. Or maybe they wore themselves out they can't even look at each other anymore *teasing*. They still flare but they give up quickly but will try again later.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #6 
tracyalexa

I have 3 tanks w/ those dividers. I give them a little space to see each other and the rest of the area is plants (suctioned cups and real). They usually hang out in the plants and now and again will swim past & flare at each other.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote