Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #11 
Betta311

I may get heat for this but it is what it is sadly.when I was about 15 me and three freinds each got bettas.we all had 2.5 gal tanks heated and all.we fought them twice in a 1 gallon bowl we would place 2 bettas and let them fight BUT we had a points system,we would stop the fight after 3 nips of a tail fin.so NO bettas got severly injured and we treated them immediatly..that was a few years ago...i would NEVER do that now...i now have 4 bettas that a love dearly and they all have 5 gal or more.but I wanted to share that with this thread.
Betta311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #12 
Lchurch7

Wow, That was brave. When my brother was younger him and his friends would each go and buy 3 or so betta and they would fight to death, then they would take the winner and fight him again. :(
Lchurch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #13 
Betta311

We NEVER pushes it far and it only happened twice till we realized it was mean and we loved them.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #14 
Lchurch7

I never got any animal fighting! You know? Why not just kill yourself in a fight.
Lchurch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #15 
bettarainbow

You know, i am surprised that in this forum, members'retalking about betta fighting freely and not having their account suspended or get banned comparing to another one i know that will probably ban both of you already. I'm against betta fighting but it doesn't mean that we can not talk about it.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

This is a 6 month old thread.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #17 
Hmongol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettarainbow View Post
You know, i am surprised that in this forum, members'retalking about betta fighting freely and not having their account suspended or get banned comparing to another one i know that will probably ban both of you already. I'm against betta fighting but it doesn't mean that we can not talk about it.
Its true, we can not just go along thinking everything is fine and dandy. It would be like not knowing poverty is harsh in africa but not sayin anything or being aware of it.
Hmongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #18 
Betta311

I knoww its wrong,sor ry for sharing my immature experience
Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

At least you know now that what you did was wrong but you learned from it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #20 
Bambi

I've never fought bettas.

But yeah, the five point/five star fighters you find are PK's bred for aggression and nt color or form or anything. They're meant to be sold and bred to people who fight"responsibly" and in tradition. Not for teenagers to get a kick out of.

I don't so much mind it in thailand. Not saying that i like fighting, but i'm not going to lectur that they shouldn't or get heated about it. It's tradition. In the same way many people still practice arranged a marriage, or how some children in other countries work to support their families.
While we may not like it, they aren't us.
I'm sure most of them find it just as stupid how many american kids sit inside all day on computer and playing video games and getting fat.

o.o
Reading that it all sounds rude, let me just say that's not how it's intended at all but i don't know how to word it better right now. I'm sick and it's late >< I've thought of getting a 'fighter' pk to strengthen my pk line, since they're more"pure".
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote