Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #21 
LolaQuigs

Just a side note...you mentioned that you are planning on creating a sorority of three...you will need to do more than three females (5+) in order to have the best chance at a successful sorority.

It's a lot of money; I wouldn't pay so much for a fish personally, but all of my fish are strictly pets. If you want to breed, I definitely see how it's worth it to spend the extra money on a quality fish.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #22 
smellsfishie

oyyy! I want them both but I juuuust bought 2 bettas! I already have 3 tanks! blah! haha
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #23 
Tisia

but so pretty with her half applied lipstick!
I'm a bad influence >_> lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #24 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Just a side note...you mentioned that you are planning on creating a sorority of three...you will need to do more than three females (5+) in order to have the best chance at a successful sorority.

It's a lot of money; I wouldn't pay so much for a fish personally, but all of my fish are strictly pets. If you want to breed, I definitely see how it's worth it to spend the extra money on a quality fish.
Yes, you make good points. I am by no means a professional, but I do want to breed bettas this spring/summer and see how I like it. I would prefer to do that with good quality bettas. I just think she is SO CUTE! And the male is like freaking beautiful.

As per the sorority, we shall see. I have a 10 gallon that I would have to remove some inhabitants from into my other tanks in order to house a few girls without overstocking. I say 3 because I like to keep my tanks lightly stocked and not overkill... there will be a BN pleco in there and a dwarf gourami, which I may need to separate if he doesnt get along with the girls. I have 3 danios in there now that I would move in with one of my boy bettas. So, I guess long story short I could do 5 but... we'll see.

And to everyone: I am still in the air abt her (and the boy I prob won't do cause I really dont want more than 3 tanks and I don't feel like dividing my tanks ATM) after I just read that she may not even ship from thailand until MAY 9TH!!!!! Goodness, that is a long time to wait!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #25 
Arashi Takamine

I say if you feel a connection to her not only for her looks but like she has to come home then bring her home. The boy is gorgeous but so is the girl.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #26 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
but so pretty with her half applied lipstick!
I'm a bad influence >_> lol
BAHAHAHA! I told my boyfriend she had a half a mustache!! I guess lipstick is the nicer way to put it!! HAHAHA But yes, I agree, the "lipstick" is freakin cute!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #27 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
I say if you feel a connection to her not only for her looks but like she has to come home then bring her home. The boy is gorgeous but so is the girl.
Well, I just think she is adorable and I can picture her in my tank and how cute she will look... :D Does that count? lol The boy I just think is awesome looking and I think the 2 might make cute babies together, but I have 2 boys already, and if I get her and pay $65ish I think I need to cut myself off. LOL... Maybe I can consider her an early 30th bday present? :D Bday is in May. :P
Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #28 
Tisia

the pic you posted kind of makes it looks like she's saying, "yes? is there a reason you needed to bother me while I was putting on my makeup?" hehe
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #29 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
Well, I just think she is adorable and I can picture her in my tank and how cute she will look... :D Does that count? lol The boy I just think is awesome looking and I think the 2 might make cute babies together, but I have 2 boys already, and if I get her and pay $65ish I think I need to cut myself off. LOL... Maybe I can consider her an early 30th bday present? :D Bday is in May. :P
I say it counts. If you want her then splurge and get her. The boy...Well I think they'd make beautiful fry together but all in all it's your choice.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #30 
Abby

A thing to consider.
She could (looks like she could) have marble in her genes if u buy her be prepared for her colour to change. She may look like that now but the stress of the shipping could make her colour change. example:
My SD spawn babies Ced went from a black and purple metallic butterfly was attacked and turned to a metallic greeny/silver

Rayne started white with clear fins to gold with metallic purply/gold fins.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote