Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #1 
roypattonphoto

I serious need rehab!

and i just started lol...

well i took a trip to the petco today.... went in just for a thing of Anacharis and came out with 6 bundels of Anacharis and a 10g tank, which is sitting right now warming up to switch Elvis over....almost came home with a Cello Halfmoon Doubletail PK ... i thought they didnt exist, but i was wrong.. i saw 2 of them ...

but yah what started as a 5 buck trip ended in a 130 dollar venture....

i should give them a pic of me and put on there DO NOT SELL FISH OR TANKS TO THIS MAN !

grrr lol
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #2 
TheKzv

i totally understand you. During the past 2 weeks, I've gone into petsmart everyday planning just to spend only $5, but somehow I come out spending $25+. I'm pretty sure the employees are getting tired of seeing my face lol

also 5 min trips to petsmart becomes a 2-3 hrs trip around town visiting all the LFS or LPS. I'm starting to think I'm really addicted to them and I've only started for 1 month
TheKzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #3 
roypattonphoto

i still have another trip to do to another pet store, i need to get some soil substrate a little bit of ground moss or micro sword and some small shrimpies or bottom feeder...
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #4 
DoNotDeclaw

lol, same thing happens to me. I think this is the wrong place to complain. We're enablers. lol
DoNotDeclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #5 
roypattonphoto

its worst now.. my 5gal hex is empty and needs a fishie.... might go back and get one of those Halkfmoon Doubletail PK;s ....

or it might be small cherry shrimp farm...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #6 
babyk

I know the feeling. My two betta loving friends and I go about every shipment day and sometimes every other day just for fun.

I coaxed (even though it didnt take much coaxing) my friend into getting this beautiful guy the other day...

We cant help it. ;)
babyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #7 
luluo

My husband thinks I'm crazy but he doesn't say anything. I went from never wanting a fish to "we're only going to have one betta" and now I'm setting up a 26 gallon community tank in my living room and a 6.6 betta tank in our bedroom. This was all in the span of 2 months. He saw me looking at a 55 gallon on craigslist and said "where do you plan to put that?" lol I told him I was just looking for now.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #8 
tracyalexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluo View Post
My husband thinks I'm crazy but he doesn't say anything. I went from never wanting a fish to "we're only going to have one betta" and now I'm setting up a 26 gallon community tank in my living room and a 6.6 betta tank in our bedroom. This was all in the span of 2 months. He saw me looking at a 55 gallon on craigslist and said "where do you plan to put that?" lol I told him I was just looking for now.
Sounds a lot like my house. I don't know how it went from a tiny 3 gal to 2 - 10 gallons, a 5 gallon, 2 - 3 gallons...etc, etc.

I just tell people they keep following me home like puppies.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #9 
TheKzv

well today I just bought another 10 gallon and I had to sneak it into the house so my parents wouldn't find out, along with 1 other betta and a Java Fern plant.
TheKzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #10 
OrangeDog

ok well now I feel better! :)

I went today to get PH adjuster powder for the tank I am setting up for my mom. (I got her a 36 gal bow front as a birthday gift and set it up over the weekend with hopes of taking her to Tropical Isle tomorrow so she can pick out her fish) Long story but the tank looked beautiful then I got a call from her this morning asking why it got really cloudy... I drove over, got a water sample, had it tested and sure enough PH was really really off! So on my trip to Petsmart to get the PH 7.0 powder I saw they had a couple 1 gallon tanks with under gravel low current filters for $14.99... I got 2 plus a bunch of Betta plants. My thinking here is when I take her to Tropical Isle I want to be ready incase I find a Betta boy or two that I can't leave behind in that sad little cup. My $11 trip to Petsmart turned into a $57 trip :) but it was a great price for the tanks!
OrangeDog is offline   Reply With Quote