Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #31 
Johnificent

@bettaluver a vet? thats cool XDD i wonder if you can bring fish to a vet...
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #32 
Bettaluver4evr

LOL, any betta you have can be brought to me. ;D But most vets don't take vets. I had the hardest time finding a vet for my old pet rat Sandy, who had to be put down from pneumonia. Stupid disease. But yes, I want to be a vet!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #33 
kathstew

I want to be a vet too!
I love all animals, and am working my best to get the grades I need to be accepted into a good university, and vet school!
I started with 2 female bettas in a one gallon bowl, on advice from a pet store worker, YIKES!
Found this website, and learned ALOT. I now have seven bettas in my room (plus room for one more, LOL). Got my sister one, AND my mom one too! My dad tried AFDs but he didn't have the time for them. Needless to say, I have a bit of a betta addiction problem XD
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #34 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
I want to be a vet too!
I love all animals, and am working my best to get the grades I need to be accepted into a good university, and vet school!
I started with 2 female bettas in a one gallon bowl, on advice from a pet store worker, YIKES!
Found this website, and learned ALOT. I now have seven bettas in my room (plus room for one more, LOL). Got my sister one, AND my mom one too! My dad tried AFDs but he didn't have the time for them. Needless to say, I have a bit of a betta addiction problem XD
Yay, go us wannabevets! :D
Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward success. But the next step is determining what you want that success to be! Do you want to have more, less bettas? Do you think your addiction is a major problem? Is it negatively affecting you in any way? LOL, might want to be a psychologist too. :D Or isntead of. Whichever! :) Stupid petstores and thier stupid advice. ;)
Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #35 
Ariel1719

At one point I had 9.. The most I ever had. Now i have 4. 2 boys and 2 girls! :)
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #36 
Bettaluver4evr

I saw Dory in that other thread, that is absolutely the most gorgeous and adorable HM female everrrrr! Looooove her. :D
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #37 
tracyalexa

Mine all started as a kid. My mom said I would collect bugs for hours in the field near our house. Then little snakes. Then once a dying bat. It died. Then rats and mice. Years later as an adult, saving dogs. I've always loved animals and seeing these guys in tiny, nasty cups is awful. I figure I have a good job, my daughter enjoys them.....who's it hurting? People who aren't really big on animals in general will never get it.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #38 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Update:

Good news! The male guppy is no longer drained of color; he is now swimming and eating normally. This morning he still was pale and had a 'shimmy' to his swim, but now he looks recovered. Hooray! :D

tracyalexa: You and I shared the same childhood, lol! I was a triffle wicked, however... not to the animals... to my mother!

I'd catch all manner of creatures and set them loose in the house. Walking Sticks, tree frogs, Monarch butterflys... to drive my mother nuts! The funny thing is, up to ten years ago, she thought it was my sister who had been doing it! Ah, the perfect crime, tee hee hee...

I can still catch a garter snake with only a stick and make friends with it, but the frogs are a little fast for me nowdays... ;)

I saw a *cute* furry bumble bee basking on my back deck today. I tried to take pictures of it with my cell phone, but it got annoyed and flew away...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #39 
Bettaluver4evr

I love animals! My brother is saving up for a baby bearded dragon. I think I might join him! :D
Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #40 
FireKidomaru

lolz...my mom must have the betta bug...my proof is in the story below...

I started with my very first betta Fire (R.I.P)...i was looking online and found this site, from there i said i wanted another one and my mom said yes...then i got Kidomaru (R.I.P)..they both died in a terrible chemical accident...so seeing that i had two tanks i was allowed to get Demyx and Techno (R.I.P)..a while passed until i found a vase (i didnt know this was too small) and i asked for another..Dragon (R.I.P) this is when my mom said three was my limit..hahahahahah...so then Dragon died and i searched all over my town for the perfect fish until i ran into Helios and Cielo, my mom let me get both..1 over my "limit"...then unfortunatley Techno died so seeing as i could get one more i looked all over until i ran into Jazz and Storm...my mom loved both fo them...2 over my "limit"...then i found a tank at a grage sale and later filled it with Roxas...3 over my "limit"...she then let me take my friends 3 bettas Ice, Flash, and Aura..6 over my "limit"...lastly i got Eppy my 10th and final fishy..that makes 7 over the "limit"...lets say 10 is my new limit...this all took place over about 1.5 years..my mom says she doesnt care...but i think she does..they are so beautiful and im so far addidicted even BFA (betta fish anonymous) couldnt help me....0.o
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote