Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #31 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluInk View Post
Is the bio-gold not good for some reason?
PLEASE DISREGARD! I DIDN'T READ THRU ENTIRE THREAD!!
Hehe... :)

Now I am on the hunt for a new brand of food. Aqueon also has min 38% protein, just as an FYI... But Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets are min 42% protein. I feed my other tropical fish TetraColor Tropical Crisps, which one of my Betta's eats too because he eats with the other fish... Those are min 46% protein... But, not specifically made for Bettas. Although, my betta gobbles them down with no problems. The crisps (for anyone who doesn't know) are "harder" than flakes, so they keep shape better and make less mess in my opinion.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #32 
DarkMoon17

On a side note with the Hikari Bio Gold, not only does it not have enough protein but they increased the amount of wheat in it which has led to bloating in some fish. Yet another reason to avoid it ;)

I feed mine Attison's Betta Pro in the AM, the pellets are pretty small so I give a *small* pinch. The slightly rounder males like Apoc get fewer. In the PM they all get frozen blood worms or frozen brine shrimp. I put a bucket of water outside in hopes that I'll get some mosquito larva for them soon.

Right now, I've got 9 bettas (4 females 5 males). I'll be conditioning 4-6 starting next week for breeding in mid-late May so I hope some mosquito larva show up!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #33 
luluo

Anyone heard of angels plus foods? I needed to get some de-worming food for a molly fish and saw that they have all kinds of flake foods. I bought several kinds and thought I'd give it a try with the community tank. Might give a few to D'Argo too now and then.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote