Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Boring thread, but I have some Q's!

Hello! I have been planning for almost a week to get my CT betta Liberty a bigger tank. I was planning for another 3 gallon critter keeper like my VT has, because I have the room for it but not much of anything bigger. But when I got one last week, it was cracked like mad all over and it leaked! I probably bought it like that and didn't notice, but oh well. I have a $5 coupon for petsmart that I have to use this week, and I was thinking about getting a tank there instead. I'd need to use a few bucks for decor (I was thinking $8?) which will leave me $17 for the tank plus the coupon. Are there any decent sized tanks I could get that are good for that price? I highly doubt I can fit anything higher than 5.5 gallons, and even that would be a squeeze. Would it be better and/or cheaper to get a sturdy empty 2.5 gallon? I'm so confused! Hehe. Any suggestions are welcome. Sorry this is so confusing!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

What about the Minibow? If I recall correctly they have a pretty decent 5 gallon. There's also Wal-Mart as they have ten gallons for 12 bucks.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

I have the minibow 2.5, and I love it! But alas, I only have the $30 tops to spend on both the tank and decor. I don't want to really wait either, because Liberty has been kinda lethargic lately, despite his water changes and nutritious food. I think he's bored and tired of his small tank, so I want to get him something bigger. The 10 gallon is a great deal, but I don't have the room. ;/ Wah! Phooey.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #4 
Harley

They have plain 2.5g glass Top Fin tanks at PetSmart for about $14 but you'd need to add a heater and they don't have a light/lid (could be added later).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #5 
baylee767

Well there's a 5 gallon hawkeye tank walmart has for $25 (free shipping to store) But with just $30...

Did you get your money back for the kritter keeper? There are usually just plain glass 2-10 gallon tanks in any store (Some go to 125, but no room obviously lol) for under $20. You could probably get a pack of silk plants and a small ornament and the tank would be filled up pretty well (hey, 5 gallons or under is hardly anything!). Gravel isn't needed, you already have a heater for him I'm guessing, too. You'd just need a light, but that's not a neccessity, you could get that later...

Last edited by baylee767; 04-27-2011 at 04:37 AM.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

I live in a damp, hot soggy feels-like-your-always-sweaty-and-wet climate, and the house is always warm, so I won't need a heater for a while. I would like a tank with a hood, so I think I will just be getting another critter keeper! My walmart never seems to have that amazing 5 gallon deal. Roar! I wish it did, that would be so perfect. I will check out the empty aquariums and critter keepers next time I go to petsmart. :) Shall I report back here with pics of whatever I decided to get? :D