Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #1 
DeadMemories92

Wartooth is now white. HELP!!!

OKay! Wartooth seemed very stressed last night and had been acting normal until I added salt to treat a white sore like spot on his face. So last night I turned the lights off and went to bed and he had his blue color and everything. He was normal, happy, dancing around etc. But tonight when I came home, he was pale as a ghost. And was darting at the smallest movements! I don't really have a lot of time for the questionaire, but I will say that I have not added anything extra, I have been doing daily water changes in his emergency tank, he is with no other fish, his temperature is 74 and the only thing I have added is a small teaspoon of salt (due to the size of his tank). He has no visible open wounds as the one he had before is now gone, but what the heck is wrong with him? I leave for Florida tomorrow! Should I leave him with my boyfriend?

help!
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #2 
LolaQuigs

First I'd get his temp up a couple degrees. What kind of salt are you using? Aq? Epsom? Check the label: does it have any additives (fragrances, dies, aloe, iodine)? How big is the qt tank? It sounds like you have only done the salt treatment for one day, is that correct? Did you remember water conditioner? If all of this happened after the water change with salt, it does sound like there was either something wrong with the salt or the water, so I'm just trying to think of everything I can that could go wrong with the water change....
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #3 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
First I'd get his temp up a couple degrees. What kind of salt are you using? Aq? Epsom? Check the label: does it have any additives (fragrances, dies, aloe, iodine)? How big is the qt tank? It sounds like you have only done the salt treatment for one day, is that correct? Did you remember water conditioner? If all of this happened after the water change with salt, it does sound like there was either something wrong with the salt or the water, so I'm just trying to think of everything I can that could go wrong with the water change....
Yeah, Wartooth was pretty normal up until I secluded him from his big 10 gallon tank (with his two other tank mates) due to the spot on his head. I have previously used API Aquarium Salt before with him a few months ago and he reacted fine. I also conditioned his water normally but last night he seemed to be very upset and stressed but this morning he was normal as ever. Also, I began salt treatments a few days ago but I had gotten kicked out of my home for about two days so I'm not sure how cold it got in my room (maybe around 68) and my parents did not turn my heater on. But he did not show signs until yesterday and he was fine the day before (the day I came home). Maybe he isn't getting enough natural light or maybe I need to fast him? I'm not sure. :(
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #4 
DeadMemories92

Oh yeah, his tank is maybe a half a gallon or so. I know it's not a lot but he has quite a bit of room to swim around (it's for emergencies only, no worries, he has a big home in his other tank!) and I gave him one of his favorite toys and some gravels so he would feel at home and he did for a little while up until today. :(