Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

Question Anybody feed San Franciso

Bay Brand Brine Shrimp (freeze dried)? Looking to add one more item - a "treat" item - to the kids' diet and was wondering about this. Don't care for the idea of bloodworms.

Also, anybody use Sera Bettagran? Any good? Yes, I love my NLS, but would like to add a bit more variety.

TIA!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #2 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
I have used The San Fransico Bay Brand products for more years then I care to mention..You won't and can't go wrong with any products in their product line. I am also looking at the Sera Bettagran and strongly thinking about buying a container...In case you missed all of my replies/posts about feeding/food...I don't think anyone will think that my one lone guy is spoiled...too much...
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

OK - thanks so much!

Just ordered the shrimp AND the Sera Bettagran from the same seller. Waiting for an invoice with combined shipping because I'm thrifty - LOL!!!

One thing - I can't find anywhere on the net that lists the ingredients of the Bettagran........ :( Guess I will have to wait till I get it.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #4 
TheCrysCat

Yeah, I use the San Francisco Bay Brand frozen bloodworms. I'd say they work pretty good.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #5 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
I ordered the Sera Bettagran, also. Like you, I could not find much information on the actual ingrediants. They sure are stingy with sharing information on their product line. I was also wanting to try a couple of their other products too.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #6 
Lion Mom

What other of their products are you thinkin' on, luvmybetta?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #7 
luvmybetta

Actually, I did order two products from the Sera product line when I placed my order. I ordered from EBay and just looked up Betta Food. There is one person whom sells Sera Products and that is where I placed my order. I ordered the Sera Bettagran (but, it is not a full size container..0.17 Oz...Sample packet..I am not sure why the Bettagran is the only food item that is a sample size..go figure). All of the other food items from this person are full size. Anyway, I also ordered the Sera Flake Variety container. It has 4 different flake foods within the container. After seeing a variety of people posting about flake foods and Betta feeding...I will probably have to live in a leper colony...with my Betta and his assorted pellets and flakes.....Anyway, this is the first order. If the Sera Bettagran works out after the taste test given by my guy and the reading of the packet with me, I will probably order the larger container. I have gotten several little old ladies (much like myself) into taking care of a new friend/pet..Betta. I can always find someone to give things away to or share with. I was also looking at trying their water conditioner. I seem to always want to try out new/different food and water conditioner. I always go back to using Prime (love Seachem products)...For some reason and I don't know why (even at my age)..Food and water conditioner just seems to call my name....While I was checking out the catagory Betta food on EBay, I did notice that Seachem has a Betta pellet available. I don't know if this is a new item or if it has been available for awhile.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #8 
Lion Mom

The .17 is what I am getting also. Don't want to get TOO much first time around!!!! :)

Nah - I won't send ya away for doing some flake with your guys! LOL!!!

I always go back to Prime also. Matter of fact, I have now talked myself into just STAYING with Prime and be done with it!

Didn't know Seachem has a betta pellet - interesting. May have to try THAT!!!! :)

Can you please post the link to the Sera seller? Just in case I NEED more stuff???? LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #9 
luvmybetta

This is the person/place from where I ordered:

http://stores.ebay.com/TINYS-POND-WO...id=p4340.l2563

I am like you, I need to just stick with Prime and be done with it. Like I said something about food and water conditioner...they just won't leave me alone. LOL..I am now seriously condsidering the Seachem Betta pellets..See what I mean?...Just won't leave me alone.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #10 
Lion Mom

Ok - that is where I ordered mine from also. Can't WAIT to get it!!!

On your different types of food - do you feed different brand pellets on different days or just mix everything together? I'm talking about their regular food here & not the treat stuff.

Thanks!