Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #11 
DarkMoon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackals View Post
May I ask, if I have my guy in a QT bowl... can I add this stress conditioner ALONG with my aqueon water conditioner?
Yes, it is safe to use with other water conditioners. But, the next time you do a water change you should use only stress coat to limit potential problems. I haven't had anything go wrong yet with mixing water conditioners but you never know and it's best not to overdo it.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #12 
jackals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Yes, it is safe to use with other water conditioners. But, the next time you do a water change you should use only stress coat to limit potential problems. I haven't had anything go wrong yet with mixing water conditioners but you never know and it's best not to overdo it.
Correct. I am doing 100% water changes with epsom salt for possible shock, fin rot, and possible bacteria/fungus spot on his back side (OP has pics).

So with this said on the 1G qt bowl, I have new water everyday in there... match it to my heater 77-79 degrees... and then add 5ml of the aqeuon water conditioner (recommended for 1g)... I then add 1ml of stress coat...

this is because of his condition with the fin rot, and possible spot on him.. the 1ml is the equivalent of 10ml for 10g... that is good right?

I know you can use just the stress coat as water conditioner, but not sure if its good everytime because of the aloe vera.

I am almost out of the aqueon and will be switching to prime, and just use the stress coat for anytimes he may be sick or something...

other than that its not good to use soley as a conditioner for water everytime because of the aloe?

I have a 5g tank normally.. and when I set the tank up.. I used the stress coat as the conditioner which was like 2.5ml for a 5G tank.. I put that in and no aqueon...

so for future use am I doing this right? Or change anything in your opinion?
jackals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #13 
Harley

Quote:
May I ask, if I have my guy in a QT bowl... can I add this stress conditioner ALONG with my aqueon water conditioner?
I wouldn't. API Stress Coat has a conditioner in it, or is a conditioner with "stress coat" on top.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #14 
DarkMoon17

Quote:
Correct. I am doing 100% water changes with epsom salt for possible shock, fin rot, and possible bacteria/fungus spot on his back side (OP has pics).

So with this said on the 1G qt bowl, I have new water everyday in there... match it to my heater 77-79 degrees... and then add 5ml of the aqeuon water conditioner (recommended for 1g)... I then add 1ml of stress coat...

this is because of his condition with the fin rot, and possible spot on him.. the 1ml is the equivalent of 10ml for 10g... that is good right?

I know you can use just the stress coat as water conditioner, but not sure if its good everytime because of the aloe vera.

I am almost out of the aqueon and will be switching to prime, and just use the stress coat for anytimes he may be sick or something...

other than that its not good to use soley as a conditioner for water everytime because of the aloe?

I have a 5g tank normally.. and when I set the tank up.. I used the stress coat as the conditioner which was like 2.5ml for a 5G tank.. I put that in and no aqueon...

so for future use am I doing this right? Or change anything in your opinion?
You can use Stress Coat as a water conditioner. The directions are on the bottle. The only downside of using it as a water conditioner is that it's a bit expensive. You can use it in your 1g qt. Since Aqueon doesn't have real benefits other than neutralizing chlorine, you could switch to just stress coat in the qt.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stress coat