Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #1 
copperarabian

Bettas are adorible

What do you love about your Bettas? what personalities do you love how your betta?

I never new I could love Bettas so much :) before I was never interested in them and was sure my cichlids had to be more interesting. of course any betta I had seen before was in a bowel without a heater while mine is in a constant 78 degrees. They are much more active then I though, he swims all over my 48 gallon aquarium.

When I first brought my HM king home from petco I was amazed by how curious he was about everything, and how he seemed to recognize me almost instantly. I had to resist over feeding him because it's so cute when he rushes over to me lol and when I actually do feed him it's adorable XD I've never had a fish that doesn't shy away from a hand. I was able to hand feed my Betta the second day I had him XD

Are all male bettas this friendly lol

I also have a very cute female little crown tail who refused to eat the first day, but started the second day fine. She isn't as tame and friendly as the male or friendly as the male, and I can't wait to see her personality start to show more as she stays with me longer :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #2 
nowzem

I hand feed all my bettas, male and female alike. They were shy at first but I know they recognize where their food comes from! Whoever said" they're just fish" never had a well-taken-care-of betta!
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #3 
Tisia

I love how they have so much and such varied personalities. I swear my recently turned tail biter (an aspect I do not love >_<) Sven, has a.d.d., he's such a little spaz. my hm Robin is much more subdued, he'll take his time checking things out, contemplating bubbles on his way, lol. just got a ct named Cecil yesterday, so not sure what his personality is like yet, but can't wait to find out ^_^
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #4 
iheartmybettas

Right now I definitely like my bettas better than my africans. My africans were just moved to a larger tank about 2 weeks ago and hide all the time. So boring! (I'm getting some dither fish this weekend which will hopefully help!) My bettas are always so excited to see me. Every one of them. I love their "feed me" dance. They wiggle around so cute. My king male and giant especially just due to their sheer size. I like to think they are just excited to see me but I know it is because they know I am going to feed them or are at least hoping. Lol! Me and my husband went out one night and didn't get back until late so all of the fish missed dinner. My husband said the bettas probably formed a caucus to determine what they had done wrong to not get fed. LMAO!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #5 
GienahClarette

My betta has a feed me dance, too! He'll actually start a spazzy wiggle dance if I start dancing around the room, so we dance together. Sir Crispin also comes as close to the computer he can if there's classical piano playing. o_o He's also a bit jealous; if he sees any of the ghost shrimp swimming up to my hand during feeding time or water changes he chases them away! xD
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #6 
Canuck Fins

I love how fast my Ninja can zip across the tank and how at almost any time of day if I stand in front of the tank, he'll come to the front to say hello. :)
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #7 
Neil D

My betta, Josh, (see avatar) will swim up to the food hatch, stare at it, look at me, then back at the hatch. He's bitten me twice, and he likes to jump out of the water at my finger when it has food on it. If I try that without food on my finger, he won't jump. He'll get this pouty face. Anytime I do something that disturbs the tank(water changes, gravel siphon, rearrange the decor, wipe the insides of the tank) he won't go hide. He'll come right up to my hand or vac and look at it. He won't get scared or anything. It's sooooooooooo adorable and frankly, hysterical.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #8 
RiverStoneBetta

I'd handfeed my fish more often, but since I work with computers, I don't want to risk contamination. (Motherboards and circuits are printed with lead.) Boba does a little feed me dance every time I come home. Quinn usually just chases the Cory Cats away from the hatch before I can feed him. It's amusing when I splurge and feed them frozen bloodworms, because the Cories will swim to the surface, grab a mouthful, and dart back. Quinn chases them around the tank for a minute, then goes back to eating, until someone else grabs his food.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #9 
DarkMoon17

Bettas are so beautiful simply because of their varied personalities. I love feeding time, they all line up at the front of their tanks and *stare* straight at me. They never give my roommate a second glance though. Somehow they just know. Two of my boys are even that rare kind that can be housed together without any fighting (even in a 5-10 gallon!). Of course, they have known each other for almost 3 years now and they are both older. They are separated by a divider but the more active of the 2 always finds a way to get to the other's side and they just hang out. No bickering or anything. They must enjoy each other's company :)

(You should NOT try this at home, I found out accidentally when the barrier between them fell...)
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #10 
Arashi Takamine

My betta's come up to the top whenever I walk up to look at me or comes up to the glass. Akira without fail unless a waterchange needs to be done swims right up to me. When I fed him the Aqua Culture he began batting it at me so with clean hands I moved it over to him and it was like playing catch. He's bitten me but it felt cool. It didn't sting.

Maka however when I tried to see if she would chase my finger she touched my nail with her little head then looked at me. Whenever she see's a flake she will not move staring at it as if it's an abomination. She's a drama queen but at least she's no longer shy. She comes up whenever I walk by even after being fed asking to be fed. She's practically saying: "Feed me Seymour!" wiggling her little fins looking at me and waiting until I drop something into her tank. Aki's more patient.

Their personalities are beautiful though. I wouldn't trade either one for the world.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adorible, betta, cute, halfmoon king, love