Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #1 
CyerRyn

Water testers

I was searching for water testers so I had some on hand, but the LFS's here are kind of expensive. I think there's a mini kit at Pet Smart for around $6 though it doesn't really say on the website what it all comes with. The LFS's did mention they will test my tank waters for free, so I was wondering what I should use to carry the water in. Keep in mind I'm walking 2miles to have this tested so something like a cup is out of the question. I don't know what could contaminate the water like if I stored it in like a tupperware bowl. Would just a plain plastic baggy work? This should only be temporary since I feel it's important for me to have those testers on hand at home so I can provide my buddies the top care they deserve, but I'm broke atm. My tattoo and setting up my 10gal tapped out my spendings for the month.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #2 
Harley

I'm not sure what mini kit you're talking about but get a liquid kit if you can. The test strip kits aren't very reliable at all. The liquid ones are much better but also at a cost. This is the one a lot of people here use:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2754034

This kit covers all the bases. You didn't mention the size of your bowl or aquarium but this will cover everything. IMO you could probably get away with just a Ph and Ammonia kit for an unfiltered tank, but that's just me. Be sure to still do proper regular water changes too, especially if you don't have the full kit.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote