Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #1 
Silverfang

Fishy withdrawl

I waved good bye to my little Scuzi and my furball Ashes yesterday. It has been about a day and a half and I miss them :( I am getting daily updates from mother on how they are faring, and my lil Scuzi boy went quite mad for his supper tonight apparantly. I can see him doing his frantic feed me dance for more bloodworms. Good thing mother wont overfeed him.

My poor kitty apparantly does not want to leave my bed. She will eat, but she is all mopey. I miss the fuzzball, alot. At least where I am renting, the lady has two lovely rag dolls, who get to be my surrogate kitties for a while.

Anyone else have a hard time with these long distance relationships
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #2 
mywingedhorses

Yes! I grew up in a family with several dogs, cats, horses, birds, and a couple aquatic creatures. Then, I went off to college five hours from home. It's one of the things I miss most while at school. I'm always surrounded by people and can talk to my family on the phone but I can't see my animals. I only go home for Thanksgiving, J-term, spring break, and part of summer so I don't get to be with them that much. Fortunately, my school has a lab farm close to campus so I can walk there whenever I want to look at the horses. I also started volunteering at a therapeutic riding stable my second semester of school. The owner of the stable has lots of different kinds of animals and I sometimes get to ride while I'm out there. I started out volunteering once a week and now I'm up to being out there up to three times a week. I'm not exactly sure how I made it through first semester without riding or being around animals. I actually got my first betta because I really wanted an animal to care for at school and they only allow fish.

My parents sometimes give me updates on how my animals are doing. Last year, my dad sent me a short video of my bird whistling and doing wolf whistles. My sister has taken the phone over to my bird when I call sometimes. I trained him to make a kind of kissing noise when someone holds the phone out to him. Is that weird?
mywingedhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #3 
Silverfang

only if having conversations with your pet on the phone, or on skype... or pestering your parents for daily updates is weird
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #4 
Pekemom

I don't think it's weird at all. I always miss my pets when I'm away. I once had a business trip out of the country for 21 days! I couldn't wait to get back to my pets...oh, and my kids, too!!! j/k!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote