Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 
gmd1800

Fishy-related nightmare! =(

A bit of a background: I'm from North Carolina and going to college here in Rochester. Approximately three weeks from today I'm packing up my entire room plus the fish and transporting them home. I have a Chevrolet Impala ("Bambi") and I'm attempting to fit everything in there, plus myself and my mom who's flying up to drive down with me. The drive is about 13 hours and I'm trying to make it in one day to reduce stress for the boys. The boys are going to be packed as if they were being shipped through the mail.

I dreamed that, for whatever reason, I was driving my dad's truck (affectionately named Phil) and my dad was with me. The fish were transported in their tanks and not in individually in a shipping bag/setup. Everything was fine until we got to my town.

For some odd reason, I decided to stop at Petsmart and pick up a few bettas for my parents. I bought a chrome veiltail male, a red veiltail, and the cutest little pearl butterfly double tail female. She was so tiny, she was practically still a fry, with big black eyes.

Once getting home, I opened the back door of the truck to transport the fish only to see that The-Fish-Who-Used-To-Be-Known-As-Hestia-But-Turned-Out-To-Be-A-Male-And-Is-Currently-Unnamed-But-Might-Be-Known-As-Nero (whew!) had jumped out of his tank and was flopping around on the floor of the truck. I got a net from my dad and tried to scoop him up, but he had gotten stuck and stopped moving.

I ran inside and filled a mug with warm tap water (don't ask why!) while Dad tried to disentangle the boy from the floor of the truck. Then he walked up and dumped "Hestia/Hester/Nero/whatever" in the garbage while I was standing there with a mug of warm tap water for him to put the fish in.

Then I woke up. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. I hope the fish don't die while I'm driving them home.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #2 
BlueHaven

Ahh!
That's your fears though coming out in your dreams, most likely things will be okay. :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #3 
CyerRyn

Once you got things on your mind, they tend to come out in the worst forms while your sleeping. Trust me I know! Just recently the night before I got my tattoo done, I had a dream that the tattoo artist messed up my design and to cover it up, I wound up with the face of Stephen King's IT on my chest. Don't think too much into it once you wake up. It's just a dream, though being extra careful on transport because of it wouldn't do any harm especially if it calms your mind a bit more.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 
TheCrysCat

Well, if you have them packed like they're being shipped, that shouldn't happen. Just watch, they'll all be absolutely fine :D
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #5 
gmd1800

What scares me is that the things I dream do sometimes come true. I dreamed over spring break (first week of March) that my dog had died, and then he died on April 11.

Then I dreamed that my friend who just got married a month ago was unhappy with her marriage, so I'm pretty much stalking her Facebook and sending her "odd questions" to check up on her and make sure she's OK and happy.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote