Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #1 
melbot

Cameras for taking better fish pics with?

I have been using my husband's Pentax digital Cn73 to take pics, but they are all coming out horrible? My husband (who is a fairly decent photographer) is having equally bad results. What cameras do you guys use to take such amazing pics?
melbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #2 
Burd

Crazily enough, most of the best pictures I've gotten have come off of my PHONE. It's a Droid 2 Global, 5 MP camera in it. It's handy to have on the spot.

I've also got a real camera that I grab sometimes that's a canon something. The problem with it is it can't take good pictures without the flash unless what i'm taking a picture of stays perfectly still and it runs out batteries really fast. Hooray for smart phones :P
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #3 
JKfish

I just use a regular digital camera. Make sure your camera is on the macro setting with the flash off. I typically put the camera right up to the glass so none of the smudges on the glass are visible. Have good lighting around and over the tank, and plenty of patience and time XD. Some of my best photos are taken right before feeding time. All I have to do is open the little feeding door, and my boys swim up and stay very still so they can look for my hand coming to feed them. It even works for my sort of camera shy boy.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #4 
YoshesMom

anything with a macro setting/lens steady camera for best results make an event out of it grab a stool hunker down and play the waiting game also take some random shot thats you dont think will be so good a few of my more decent ones i just clicked and the betta moved at the last sec and voila
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

Nikon 28-300- with a macro lens- but even without the pictures are amazing.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote