Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

"Special" Birthday

What do I DO?! D8

I turn 19 in 18 days.

I'm not exactly a kid, so having a gigantimous Pokemon birthday bash (or something to that effect, lol) would be weird. Obviously.

I also don't have the money to fly somewhere awesome and go sightseeing and stuff.... Unless my mom will actually let me fly to California, where I will meet up with my fiance* and see California or something.

I DON'T KNOW.

Help me.

|D

*fiance, YES I AM 19 AND AM ENGAGED. :V It's not like we plan on actually getting married until I feel I'm ready... and until I'm actually in the Air Force, at least in tech school.
We've been together for almost 3 years now, too.
NO FIGHTS, LOLOL

I had to add this bit at the end to calm those who would say I'm too young to marry.... I know that. |D;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

There's nothing wrong with being engaged at 19. It's good that you're going to wait until the time is right instead of jumping right into marriage. I have no idea what you could do for your birthday. I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do for my 50th. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #3 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Heh, if it's one things I'm not good at, it's planning birthdays. Anything else, sure, but... birthdays are just... it's... ... lol, I don't know.

It's just a reminder that we're getting old. xD
Old 05-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

What about seeing a movie? Or going out to dinner? Maybe plan a small movie night with some of your best friends.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #5 
gmd1800

I didn't want a party for my 19th. Then my entire floor plus all my friends here at school threw me a surprise party. And I was in my PJS. >.>

Can't help you there. I hate attention of any kind, including birthday parties.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #6 
BlakbirdxGyarados

A movie might be alright... but I don't have any friends here. xD;
All my friends either still live in Illinois or they moved somewhere else in the country for college.

I'm not all for attention either, gmd1800, but I haven't really had any good birthdays in the past few years.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #7 
gmd1800

Are you in college? You could get together a few close friends and do something fun. Go out to dinner and then to a movie (either in the theater or a Redbox rental). Little stuff like that can be fun and not necessarily a birthday party. Just a celebration of youth and friendship. Just an idea!
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #8 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
Are you in college? You could get together a few close friends and do something fun. Go out to dinner and then to a movie (either in the theater or a Redbox rental). Little stuff like that can be fun and not necessarily a birthday party. Just a celebration of youth and friendship. Just an idea!
No college, and even if I was, I'd still probably have no friends. |D
I only say that because I've been going through hard stuff when I first moved here, and as much as I love my home state, I didn't originally plan to move here when I got out of high school. (No need to get in details either, lol...)

Anyway, the lack of people to hang out with is what's making it even harder to plan this whole thing out. It's my fault for being such a recluse for the first half year I've been back home, but it's getting to me now that the end of my first year here is coming up.