Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #1 
strictlyninja

I must resist the urge

I wonder why I am so addicted to Bettas. I only have one. But anytime I have a Betta fish. I can never seem to be satisfied with just one. Usually I need at least 2.

I really don't have anywhere to put another Betta fish. But I really want to get one more. I have to resist the urge...but I don't know how long I will be able to hold out for.
strictlyninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #2 
lunawatsername

i know exactly what you mean... i got my first betta 2 weeks ago, my second 1 week ago, and i am now half planning for a betta sorority.. its like the plague, but with fish o.o
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #3 
kathstew

I started with 2 in probably February of this year, I now have 7 my sister has one and my mom has one! LOL

If you really can't resist the urge, try to hold out for the one that really calls to you.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #4 
smellsfishie

I had the same betta for 3 years, and then he passed. I knew I needed another one because my fish tank was just not the same without a betta. I got a little guy who I named Halo from a pet store, but he was kinda "tilty"... I thought he was so beautiful though. He died within 2 days... :( A month or so later I really started getting that naggy "need a betta" feeling... I was on AB all the time, and one night went to a pet store with y boyfriend to see if I could find one I liked... I came home with 2... a few weeks later, I bought a female off AB... and now I am trying to find another male. On top of that, my boyfriend, who has never owned pets or liked fish for that matter, now wants a Black Fire betta, and a Royal Blue halfmoon. LOL I got him hooked!
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #5 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
If you really can't resist the urge, try to hold out for the one that really calls to you.
This.

And I know what you mean... I think they have addictive properties once you get into properly taking care of them. I never would've gotten so into them had I not bothered to read this forum about proper care and seen my first fishy come alive as much as he did.

It took me a while to find the perfect female but I sooo did and it was soooo worth the wait for her. Find the one that makes your heart skip a beat. <3
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #6 
Luimeril

i'm at 8, and i've already the itch for another. but, i keep telling myself, i've no where to put another! so, hopefully, that'll hold me off on buying another. xD bad thing? we're going to the pet store tomorrow, so my brother can get his delta dragon a new heater. >.> must.... resist....
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #7 
lunawatsername

the pet store is a dangerous place for a fish addict lol. like n the petco by my house, you cant go to the fish section without walking right past a whole bunch of bettas.... thats how i got my girl. she was so cute and her cup was so dirty, i didnt have a choice lol
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #8 
Luimeril

i can usually resist the urge. but, sometimes, they get that Must Have fish. and, since i've been getting Surprise Deltas marked as Veils, it's harder. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #9 
strictlyninja

I feel like one of those crazy cat ladies. Like the ones that hoards like 100 cats in her house because she just can't seem to stop at one cat.

But I do know that I really want a female betta. Gahhhh.

On another note, it seems like a lot of you have had pleasant experiences using Aquabid. I have never even heard of that place until browsing the forums here. But it seems legitimate.
strictlyninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #10 
FireKidomaru

I understand the feeling :) I have 10...I have no room to talk about resisting the urge...but I do like the idea of waiting for that one Fishy that u can't forget...I did that will almost all of mine and im glad I did...im proud of your control..good luck on resisting or finding your dream betta
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote