Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #11 
copperarabian

I have one female crown tail and a male half moon king. My female is in a 2.5 gallon, and my male shares a 48 with Malina my cichlid and my friends baby pleco. My Sail fin pleco is in my friends huge aquarium until I can afford a nice 100+ aquarium.

I want another male, but I don't want to set up one of my 15 or 20 gallons right now. I think 3 or 4 betta would be my limit, unless I decide to start breeding, because I really try to give attention to my fish and make them tame (I can't believe how easy this is with bettas XD).
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #12 
Twilight Storm

I have 4 now. I exchanged my 10 gal tank that I got from Petsmart and walked out with two bettas.

I couldn't resist the oldest female they had there. She was huge and her cup was really scummy but when I looked at her she came up to the top of her cup and started following my finger for food. I don't really know what color she would be, but she has a brown body with blue and red normal veil tail looking coloring and the most amazingly adorable face.

They had just gotten a shipment of new males in. My god they were beyond amazing. The guy I couldn't resist is a pineapple spade tail with orange caudal, anal, and ventral fins rimmed in black. His dorsal fin is also orange rimmed in black but has the first third in blue with one big orange dalmation-like spot on it. His gill cover is orange and black too.... If I had the room, and the tanks, I would have taken home two other boys. *sigh*

I draw the line with these. I am sticking with 4. Now I have to see if my friend with the camera will let me take another hundred or so pictures so I can get a handful of good ones of the new crew. ;)

Can't wait to get my two other photo albums up on here.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #13 
YoshesMom

um i went for 1 to 17 in like ten days then i got 7 females in one day and then a few here and there pretty much took maybe a month and thats over estimating im slightly obcessed
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #14 
thepsychai

I currently have one - a cellophane delta tail. I have had eight bettas total, mostly male VTs, since I shopped for fish mainly at Walmart as a kid.
thepsychai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #15 
YoshesMom

It's very time consuming to change 18 tanks
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #16 
lunawatsername

18 tanks? yeah i bet that takes forever!! i agree with whoever said that about wanting to take time go get to know and tame your fish- any animal for that matter! i love spending time with animals, just about the most relaxing thing you can do (i always head for my animals as soon as i get home from work- working at an elementary school pretty much necessitates animals!) and im in awe of some peoples self control when it comes to buying fish... if i had the money/room, i am completely positive that i would be well stocked with as many animals as i could right now! (by as many as i could, i mean could while being able to provide them with everything they need/might need, attention, medical, food etc etc.) anyway, its cool to know that im not the only one who is quickly spiraling in obsession!
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #17 
BlueHaven

...4 OwO
Heeeheee -twitches-
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #18 
iheartmybettas

17 males and a sorority tank of 15 females. A total of 16 betta tanks. I have a python hose so changing the majority of the tanks only takes about 1 hour to 1.5 hrs unless I have a tank with an issue like algae or something which takes a little longer. Plus we have very large cichlid tanks those take about 30-45 mins each to change due to how long they take to fill back up. Not too bad.

Last edited by iheartmybettas; 05-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #19 
Littlebittyfish

I have 8 betta males.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #20 
Blazer23

1, 2.5 gallon :( dont have the space for bigger tank. If I did i would get a 30 gallon since i can afford it.
Blazer23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female betta, male betta, most popular, mts, sorority