Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #1 
kfish

My New Betta - Sky!

I just released Sky the delta tail from Petco into his tank! He is beautiful!

My digital camera is at my boyfriend's house, so right now all I have is a few camera phone pictures. More to come later! I'm just really excited to post pictures of him and have to do it now now now!

Before he started floating I put him next to Mr. Fish's tank so they could get some exercise. They had fun flaring at each other for a bit. :)

Swimming! Not sure if he's part double tail, if his tail's been nibbled, or if it just is shaped that way. We'll see! Either way, I love him and he's beautiful.

3/4 of the tank. Most of the plants are on the other side. I'll get better pictures of all of it later. It's a 10g Walstad planted tank.

Right now he's having a ton of fun exploring his tank. He keeps picking up the snails and throwing them around, haha!

The manager of the Petco near me REALLY cares about the bettas. It's nice to see. They're always in great shape with clean water. Every time I go in there and look at bettas he runs up and excitedly asks, "Which one are you looking at?!" Today when I was walking around the store holding Sky he came up to me and asked, "Which delta tail are you taking?!" Apparently he has 46 bettas, color coordinated in every room of his house.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #2 
denaliwind

Ooh what a lucky betta to have a tank like that! So much to explore, so much space to swim in! :D He's gorgeous, congratulations!
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #3 
BettasAreBomb

oooooooooo pretty i wana new one too haha he's perty!!!!! :)
BettasAreBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4 
Fermin

Lovely! Looking forward to seeing what he looks like once he settles in and his colors blossom!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #5 
kfish

He's sooo shiny. My digital camera will capture it better.

Thank you for the compliments! He's feasting on baby snails currently, haha.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #6 
Maven

He is really beautiful! I love the name too. I jealous of your tank setup. It looks great!
Maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #7 
crowntail lover

LOVE the tank!!!!! Where did you get those plants? As for your new guy... he is SOOOOO cute!!! Love his colors! lucky lucky lucky!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #8 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntail lover View Post
LOVE the tank!!!!! Where did you get those plants? As for your new guy... he is SOOOOO cute!!! Love his colors! lucky lucky lucky!
Thank you! All of the plants are from plantedaquariumscentral.com except for the Amazon sword. I'll take more pictures tomorrow with my digital camera.

I looooove his colors, too. He shines so much under the light and gets more blue.

The tank was a long time coming... and expensive, lol. It has dwarf grass, wisteria, red dwarf lily, red rubin sword, amazon sword, vals which are spreading like crazy, pennywort, anacharis, hornwort, java fern, pearl grass, ... I think that's it, haha. Oh, riccia floating on top. And I want MORE PLANTS!!! I think I got all the names right ;)
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #9 
kfish

The other side of the tank.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #10 
FireKidomaru

beautiful! i love his mix of blue and white..almost like the sky :) beautiful tank btw! looks very nice
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote