Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #1 
youlovegnats

We have eggs!!!!!

YUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Finally. Daddy didn't eat all the eggs this time...only most of them xD haha.
I can see about 10-20 eggs in the nest now, and they stopped spawning about yesterday afternoon (around 3-ish). soooo let's see what happens! :D
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #2 
sundstrom

OH MY GOSHNESS, that sounds awesome congrats. And can you help me with something? Take me throught a step by step process of how the breed the betta fish. I already know really, but a few extra pointers from someone in the process right now seems like a better resource if you ask me :)
sundstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #3 
youlovegnats

haha thanks.

well, some people say it's hard, other say it's easy. It really all depends on how well you condition your fish and being patient. I was very impatient my first couple of tries and thought that it would be quicker than what it was. I had about 3-6 failed spawns before this one. Not saying that this one was a success- cuz I still don't have fry yet :P BUT at least it's improvement. xD

I fed my two bettas blood worms (frozen not freeze-dried) and betta pelets three times a day (small amounts though) for a little over 2 weeks. My tank set up is a 2.5 gal (my 10 gal is in need of cleaning) with gravel, plants, and a hiding cave for my female, and at a nice 82F. People recommend a 5+ gal since 2.5 is hard to raise so many fry in (good thing mine ate most of them xD ). Introduce the male first and let him swim around, then the female (but keep her in some sort of container). I put half of a styrofoam cup in there. within 3 hours, my male had the cup OVERFLOWING with bubblies~ xD. I kept the female in her cup for another day until I saw her barred up like crazy, swimming at an angle, and clamped fins.

Then I let her go and watched them do their stuff. haha. It was a lot easier than my previous spawns. Plus I used a different female (she's my baby mama lolz). She seems to always want to mate no matter the male. sooo that's about that. I feed my male cuz I'm scared he's going to eat the eggs (again). -__-; *sigh* But that's about that I think! Once the fry get too big for the 2.5, I'm going to transfer them to the 10g. :)
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #4 
youlovegnats

my eggs now have little tails! Mars is trying so hard to collect them all as they fall out of the nest. what a good dad he is! :D
Old 05-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #5 
youlovegnats

Here's some pics! Sorry I couldn't get any closer! ><
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #6 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Congrats! Hope your wigglers make it all the way to frydom! :)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #7 
smellsfishie

haha, LOVE the 2nd pic! :) so funny. Congrats on your spawn. I hope they grow healthy and happy! :) Keep us posted.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #8 
jschristian44

ah man your so lucky. i had just as many failed attempts as you and im ready to call it quits.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #9 
youlovegnats

aaahhh! Thanks guys! I'm going to start a spawn log soon, so look for that! :D

jschristian- just be patient and keep trying. You'll get it sooner or later. :) I had to go through 3 different females! @__@;
Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #10 
sundstrom

Oh wow i love the second pic thats cute and hilarious i actually laughed out loud when i saw it, well it was more of a little chuckle. And thank you so much i find it hard to even consider spawning my betta's. This last time i tried the male was kinda lazy on making his bubblies. So i had to wait about 11 days before it was even close to acceptable. But my female is a cambodian so it was hard to see if she was barred or not. And when i put her in there thinking she was ready he tore her fins really bad and she was like...dieing. So i just took her and him out.
sundstrom is offline   Reply With Quote