Betta Fish Forum banner

Guys! Im so happy + AB questions again haha

779 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tisia 
#1 ·
My fish finally eats! He only eats the flakes, but he loves them! Im so happy finnaly -stress relief-

so a few things.. ready?

1. I am going to put only 2 bettas (divided) in my ten gallon tank. Do you really think 3 would be comfy? idk it looks a little tight with 3 in there for me.. plus Im keeping my babie fishie on my desk in his 5 gallon tank to himself, so it wouldnt be fair .. idk..

2. So Aqua bid payment works out as .. . . Betta cost + shipment to transhipper = payment to the breeder.. then shipment payment to transshipper? wouldnt that add up to almost 60 bucks?

3. So poster hangers are safe to use in tanks? for dividers? also, crochet plastic? (for the divider itself) do I have to get white? I wanna get black.

#2 ·
Nice to hear he's eating! :)

1) 2 or 3 bettas would work. It's up to you. Of course, the more space each fish get's the happier he will be.

2) 1. Send payment for fish and $5 shipping cost to the Thai breeder
2. Send payment for shipping to your transhipper (after you have spoken with them of course).
For one fish and priority shipping it should total to around $60

3) Yes, poster hanger plastic is safe, just rinse it really well. I use it and have had no problems. The crochet plastic mesh is also safe, just rinse it. You can get any color they sell. Hobby Lobby offers a range of colors including black. Do keep in mind that the real dividers sold by pet stores are more sturdy. You will have to fiddle with the DIY dividers to get them to fit right.

#3 ·
I am not trying to save money, I just dont wanted something clear! So, if I buy the divider at the petstore, and use the mounting system, but replace the transparent mesh they come with, with a crochet sheet, will it be more stable? I was thinking that might work

#4 ·
Yes, you can buy the more stable one form the petstore and replace the transparent mesh with colored mesh. The petstore ones are much more stable so if you aren't worried about cost, definitely go for those.

#5 ·
So if I understand this correctly, if you buy a Betta on AB for $20, you pay about $5 to the Thai breeder to send the Betta to a transhipper, who you then pay. How much do you normally pay a transhipper?

I ask because I am interested in buying a Betta later in the future from AB and I am curious how it works.

#6 ·
Jennifer (hopdiggity)'s fee list, it'll probably be a bit different if you choose another transshipper though
she also sells imported fish directly on ab (guessing ones that never got paid for or extras she gets shipped) with free priority, so definitely a cheaper option. think I've seen others selling imported ones in the us as well, she's just the one I know for sure does it, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.