Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #1 
Twilight Storm

mini betta and fry saver filter on aquabid?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ion&1304916232

Has anyone used this in their tank for their betta? It looks like there would be no way fins could get sucked into it, but I can't tell how strong the water output would be. Seems to be on-par price wise with other filters out there at $13. If you used it, can it be easily hidden by plants and is it loud?
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #2 
nowzem

Looks like something he made himself...I don't think I'd buy that. He writes a lot of BS in his description. :)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

I would just go with a sponge filter over that. But that's just me. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #4 
Twilight Storm

Thanks for the opinions. :) I came across it in the "dollar" auctions area. I figured he made them himself. The description wasn't very good I agree. Just figured I would ask in case he was on to a good thing. A small, easily hidden, won't-suck-in-your-betta filter is nice, but the only video I think he had was some kind of egg thing that make the fry he had in it swim like crazy to keep from being mashed onto the top of the devise. (not knowing anything about the other product I think they all might do that, but I don't know.)

Cheers :) I will pass on his and get a brand name :)
Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

I think a sponge filter is what youre looking for ;D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #6 
Twilight Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I think a sponge filter is what youre looking for ;D
Yup :D I found ONE at Petsmart and I bought it. It is a TOM mini internal filter. The very LAST one they had!!! It says on the package that it pumps up to 45 gallons of water per hour so if I adjust it around half way I think that would be ok for the 10 gallon. (If a betta filter is supposed to move double the gallons of whatever you are trying to filter.)

I have come across a lot of posts that users here have TOM filters, so I figured I would give it a shot. (and hope it doesn't try to suck in my Betta lol)

Thanks again, oh and Pewpewpew, ty also for your advise on altering my filter bags in the other tanks. :D I haven't seen the sponge pads yet however.