Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Liberty's new tank and Dumbo :)

Liberty got a new tank on Monday! I would have taken pics then, except I lost my tiny memory card. It was hiding from me! But I found it. I mean, I caught it! So here are some pics. Bertie is in the purple 3 gallon and Dumbo is in the green. I posted some pics of Dumbo so you could see his almost all better fin rot. The edges are still red, but it is healing almost all better. A quick question. I had to do a 100% on Liberty's tank today (yes, in just 2 days!) because the water was extremely cloudy! I could barely see the back of the tank. I didn't add anything, and yesterday I actually did a 33% partial. Any ideas? I hope you like his new tank. :)
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #2 
Twilight Storm

Pretty fish! :D *pinches the cheeks of the little guy with the big pectorals and talks like an idiot* "Aren't you soooo cute!" ;)

I like how you decorated. Especially the make shift background of the instructions! LOL. I did the same thing on my tanks. One I am using paper towels on to keep my one betta from flaring at his reflection constantly. The other tank I have a piece of black felt on. The felt background looks kind of nice through the tank though, I might keep it on. :D Seriously though, I like how you decorated. Just had to give you a hard time about the instruction sheet background. ;)

I am sure you did the right thing with the water change. It happens in new tanks until the bacteria builds up. There is a lot of info about it here. Look up the nitrogen cycle and cycling tanks to lean more. Once you start building up good bacteria that won't happen. :) (let someone more expert then me confirm that though!)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Thank you! Haha, yeah, that's my cheap divider until I complete my design made of... duh dum duh... construction paper! :D Haha! Wow, Liberty does have huge pectorals! Could he a bit of a Dumbo betta? :) I will look up some more about the bacteria thing. Was it right to change the water, or no? It didn't look very good though! Thanks so much. Did I include enough pics? :)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #4 
Johnificent

oooo! i love liberty/bertie's tank :) its so..... it has some sort of a mysterious look to it, i guess XD hahaha, i like the roman ruin thing, it looks really good! he must be super happy right now! dumbo is also looking great! X) i want a spongebob cave!
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Thank you! The ruins and plant are my faves, I love how they look. Bertie likes resting on top of the ruins. :) Thanks, Dumbo is looking better and better every day.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #6 
Johnificent

hey! i just noticed, wat happened to bertie's colorful gravel?
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh! I decided to go barebottom on his tank, it's way easier to clean and it still looks nice. And for Dumbo, I just have half of his with gravel. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #8 
Twilight Storm

I would feel more comfortable with someone else answering the water change question, but yes, changing the water was fine imo. :D As for the ammount of pictures, yes. It might kill people who have slow connections, but I don't. :D

And considering I had made a post not long ago about big ear bettas, I was very surprised to see a bunch of pictures of someone having one as a pet. *hats off to you.* Someday I want to try to breed a specific big ear. :D

And johnificent- your bettas are amazing! :D I love your new white delta tail (I saw a scary and sad video however after I looked at yours. It was in 2010 so whatever happened, it's too late now. Hope the fish are ok. I can't watch any more!)

Last edited by Twilight Storm; 05-04-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Haha, I know a lot of people love pics on here. I never would have called him a Dumbo before now! I mean, he's always had big pectorals, but wow. :) Well I think it fits, looking at the first pic. I never saw your thread! I will have to look! And I found him at petco, and I love his ventrals! I think he's just adorable. :) I think the enormous Dumbo's on AB must be very uncomfortable and awful, but I must say I find them beautiful.