Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #11 
laughing

There are a million more bettas out there, I'd wait! Don't "settle"!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #12 
Alex09

There will ALWAYS be a better one. Trust me. You may think you found the perfect one but not soon ofter you will see another. It's human nature. Literally. We always want more.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #13 
elijahfeathers

For me, I write down what I want, and I wait until I run into one to get it most times. I tell myself, say; White HMPK. And then Anael came along and I bought him. Then I told myself mustard gas PK or just one tha twas blue and yellow enough for me, and thusly Volker came to me. I told myself before that I wouldn't get anyhting else inless it was a full mask green dragon PK/HMPK, or somethign copper-- then I found Mercury. I also broke my rule and bought a little girl, but what can you say? :P
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #14 
artes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
He's a beautiful fish for sure! For me the decision is when I just can't walk away without him/her.
+1
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #15 
Luimeril

kee! he looks like a DT version of Ichi. <3 <3 <3 i never ask, i just go with my heart. :3 if i didn't, and got whatever everyone else liked, i'd not have the amazing rainbow i have, nor the amazing bettas i have. i wouldn't have Theo, or Purple, or Ichi. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #16 
Littlebittyfish

I think he is adorable...I love how his fins fad from yellow to the green/blue color. I don't think just because he flares at other bettas it will mean he will attack the cories...My one old guy Cleo lives with 4 peppered corys..he never attacks them...but he loves to flare at my camera...the mirror...and other betta fish..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #17 
Luimeril

that may not be fin rot. >3< Ichi has a touch of black at the edges of his fins, but he's been treated for fin rot already, and it just never went away, and never gets worse. :d it may just be his coloring(which i adore, mind you. <3). i DO notice a touch of Funky to his scales, though, right above his gills. it COULD be the camera angle and wonky from the cup, though.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #18 
smellsfishie

I think he's adorable, and I do think he has a cute face, but I don't think you want him so I say wait till one comes along and you don't question it. :)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #19 
LolaQuigs

Yes, the way his fins fade to green is what I like most about him too. I think it is fin rot, I saw him there last week and I don't remember him having the black edges then. :( When I saw him the other night the fact that he had fin rot made me lean a little more toward getting him, I felt bad for him. I think I will go "fishing" some time after finals--probably weekend after this coming one. So maybe if nobody else captivates my attention first, and he's still there, I might get him. I keep checking AB too, but there just aren't a lot of U.S. bred fish that are appealing to me at the moment (don't want the hassle of transshipping). Alex you are probably right...once I get my next fish I'm sure I will suddenly find tons of awesome bettas.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #20 
Luimeril

check out Hopdiggity and Chard56. they always have beautiful, stunning fish, and Hopdiggity's still offering free priority, and Chard doesn't charge alot for his fish. he's got some super cute females, too. x3c