Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #1 
r3h0ld3r

New tank filter question

Hey everyone.

I just recently got a 15 gallon tall eclipse tank from a friend for only 15 bucks! I was glad to take it but he told me it needed a new impeller assembly because it can get incredibly loud and annoying (this is true). So I searched online and I believe it's an Eclipse 1, so I ordered the assembly part online. When it came in the mail, I took the old impeller assembly out and it looked NOTHING like what I received in the mail.

Upon further research, the filter/pump on the eclispe 1 is not like what mine looks like at all. On mine, the impeller assembly is long, with a purple "fan" that has a flat end on the bottom (I can't find a picture of it anywhere online). Also, the pump seems to be above the water level. On the eclipse filters I found online the impeller assembly is short with a "fan" without any flat side, and the pump is submersed it seems.

What do I own? Unfortunately my friend doesn't know. Anyone know what this long impeller is??
r3h0ld3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #2 
Harley

Do you have any idea how old it is? Maybe they changed the design over time and shipped you the newer design part.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #3 
r3h0ld3r

No I don't, but that must be the case. I can't believe I cannot find ANY information anywhere online about an older version. It sucks, but I looked into it further last night and that must be what happened. I'll need to by the new pump, that shouldn't be a problem though, right?
r3h0ld3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

If all else fails, you could just go with a new small internal filter. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #5 
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3h0ld3r View Post
No I don't, but that must be the case. I can't believe I cannot find ANY information anywhere online about an older version. It sucks, but I looked into it further last night and that must be what happened. I'll need to by the new pump, that shouldn't be a problem though, right?
Depending on the store they may let you take the new one apart so that you can tell if the impeller you have matches before you buy it. That way you'll have a spare. Or like Lion Mom says you could go with an internal one. I did after my HOB poured 3 gallons of water all over my floor.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote