Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Worse and worse and the eposm salt is coming soon too....

Maka's barly on her leaf and she has clamped pecterals and gasping at the top for air. I'm so worried about her. I don't have a QT container so her tank will have to do for the waterchanges. When doing these changes with the eposm salt I'll take Akira out of his tank and put him into his cup and float Maka in his tank to keep her de-stressed.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #2 
Canuck Fins

Lower the water level in your tank a bit if your fish is having trouble coming up for water. Keep in mind though that less water means that ammonia will build up more quickly.

The epsom salt isn't a put in and treat for ten minutes. It's a put in the water and leave fish in epsom-water until the next change. You need to have a quarantine.
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

I don't have a QT tank. We're strapped for cash right now but we're doing changes and stuff today with the salt and do it again tomorrow until she's better. The water paramiters in her tank was off by acidity and alkelinity again. I'm hoping that's a cause.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #4 
Canuck Fins

Okay, maybe I just misunderstood. It sounded like you have two fish in a tank and you were cupping one while the other is being treated. Epsom takes a few days treatment usually. I hope you aren't keeping the second in a cup for days.
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #5 
Arashi Takamine

Oh no. I decided to just do the change and get her back in her tank as soon as possible. Akira would be put in his cup during waterchanges as well but he's fine. They have two seperate tanks and are super spoiled.