Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #1 
CyerRyn

Baffle using panty hose

I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. It appears my filter was making it hard for my new girly to swim around. I was watching her for 10min being swooshed here and there and I remembered someone mentioning using panty hose to baffle. I wanted to just use a sponge but I can't get to the store so I cut the bottom (foot part) of a pair of panty hose. I've never worn this pair :P so their 100% clean.. and I hooked it under where the water pours back into the tank.. and pulled it over the back of the filter. I hope this is the right way.. I just worry that the water might back up and cause overflow.. but so far it looks like it's doing alright. The suction part of it is pulling my anachari's to it, but I've been watching her swim by it. It seems to "kind of" pull her.. but she swims away fine. I hope that's nothing to worry about either. :< Since putting up the panty hose.. she seems to be swimming more comfortably.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #2 
Canuck Fins

You've got the right idea. I have a sponge on mine and it gets a bit of stuff built up on it occasionally so I just give it a swish in old tank water (the same as the filter) when the flow gets slower. :)
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #3 
bettafish15

Sometimes the pantyhose can get sucked in a bit, which lessons the flow. It happened to me today, and I moved the pantyhose a bit, and it suddenly worked magically :D So remember to adjust it every once and awhile.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #4 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
So remember to adjust it every once and awhile.
anyone that's ever worn pantyhose should be used to this step already >_>
sorry, couldn't help myself <_< lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote