Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #21 
falconboy99

Don't put them together because the Betta will usually torture the goldfish until it dies. When i bought a goldfish from petco and put it with my Betta, it was killed within three days.
falconboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #22 
Neil D

Just wondering, why did u put ur GF with your betta?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #23 
kathstew

That goldfish is HUGE!
The other night I had a dream of raising a goldfish that became so big it lived in an outdoor swimming pool, and it still wasn't big enough! LOL

She has been convinced!!!!! She is no longer interested in keeping them together, THANK GOD! I don't know what happened, but it didn't take nearly as much explaining as I thought. I think her fish may have gotten in a bit of a fight and she didn't want to tell me. Either way, the fish are a lot safer now. But I still need to work on her about the goldfish needing a bigger tank! Jeez, its gonna take a while!

Lumeril - I can't believe someone just stole your tank! Thats horrible! I don't understand how people can do things like that!

babyk - I have told her that, unfortunately that was when she brought the "my friend has had a goldfish since November" excuse. I will keep at it though, I think the fact that one of them dying has shaken her a little.

vaygirl - I would love to have a fish live fourty years old! Although, it would be heartbreaking losing the fish to old age eventually. You know, more attached to it because it lived for so long. :(

Arashi Takamine - Aw, thats horrible! Poor little goldies! I've told her about the pet stores only wanting to make a sale. She is still innocent-minded and believes they are saying the truth for the pets welfare. She doesn't know what type it is, just that its a goldfish -_-"
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #24 
kathstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post

Are you talking to me or the falconboy dude?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #25 
falconboy99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
I sometimes don't think ahead.
Also, i'm a noob.
Also, i'm a 6th grader.
falconboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #26 
Neil D

Falconboy....
Old 05-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #27 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
My cousin is 11 years old, so please bare with me as this is about her. Her parents don't speak english (she is adopted -long story) so I can't discuss these issues with them. I don't have all the information, as basically I got most of this off a phone message)

My cousin has a goldfish (used to be two, one died - no surprise) in a one gallon bowl (I know its too small, I keep telling her that but she won't listen). And she has two bettas, both in their own 1 gallon bowls, Marina and Samoa.

She wants to put her goldfish and one of her betta (i don't know which, the girl or the boy) together. She has an empty ten gallon tank.

I know nothing about goldfish. But from what I can gather, goldfish and bettas can't be together mainly because of their temperature needs. Is this correct? Are there other reasons for this, because my cousin won't listen to just one reason? Bettas are also fin nippers in general, so wouldn't they nip at the fins of the goldfish.

I think she is planning either:
-goldfish and betta together in 10 gallon
or
-goldfish and betta SORORITY

-_-"

She isn't listening to my advice, please give me some backup on this.
Since I've gotten into the betta hobby she has decided to follow, not listening to all of my advice. Because I recently made a sorority, she has decided SHE wants one now. PLEASE HELP. I am afraid for these fish.
hey why don't make her sighn up on here I'll give whatever she needs to know to her. She sounds like she would be a great fishkeeper when she finaly listens to you.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #28 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy99 View Post
I sometimes don't think ahead.
Also, i'm a noob.
Also, i'm a 6th grader.
falconboy.....is that really neccesary me and Neil think that that isn't the best way to end a disscussion by saying your grade dude...... and including that your basically saying your ignorant because of your age which makes us look bad too.......
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #29 
Neil D

Hehe, I don't think age is a bad thing, as Ethan is 12 and I'm 13, so we are both in middle school (at least I am) anyways....
Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #30 
kathstew

She does have an account on here. LOL

Wouldn't exactly want her to see this thread though.... :P
She's only been on here once or twice. I don't think she understands/cares that much about this website. :/