Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

THIS IS MAD. I mean, MAD.

I can't believe it, I really can't believe. I woke up this morning and Butterfly decided that the filter is a funnnnn toy. So he apparently tore his fins again, this time on the minibow filter. That filter is so gentle and nice, I never thought it would do anything to his fins. It never did before! But guess what? His fins are back to what they were the first time he tore them, ever. 3 months of work on my part with constant water changes and yummy food and changing tanks, and I am back to square one. I am very upset. I desperately wanted a HM, and I have one, except he probably has less finnage total than my VT boy. But I have never seen Butterfly so happy and spunky! He started a bubblenest behind the filter and he was so spunky when I went to feed him, he swam all around the tank twice in about 5 seconds. I mean, he was just crazy happy! And his color looks amazing. So I think I'm just a brat about this. So my betta will never, ever look the same, he probably won't heal anymore and I won't ever see my beautiful big finned HM boy. But I will have an insanely happy, beautiful boy with the ghostly outline of a HM with bundles of energy and is otherwise very healthy. I am just blessed to have any bettas at all, let alone 4. :) But I'm sorry, I just had to vent. Thanks!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

*salutes* I feel your pain. Aki had beautiful double rays but one night he decided to...Yup tear his rays off one by one. I thought he had fin rot he was doing it so quickly I finally caught him in the act and gave the tank a small tap in his direct area.

Hasn't done it since. I hope Butterfly remains healthy...Maybe put pantyhose over the filter so he doesn't get any idea's again?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

......... 8[ Oh Lord that's disheartening. I'm so sorry. <3 If it makes you feel any better those of us that dealt with tail biters know your pain! ;u;

Glad his color is stunning and he's healthy though. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #4 
iheartmybettas

That stinks! I have a tailbiter. I think it is really common in HMs because they have so much finnage and it can be hard to swim. I just let St Patty be and do what he wants. He seems so happy I can live with the tattered tail.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Thank you so much guys! Oh, you have no idea. I worked so hard for 3 months, and now I'm right back where I started. I don't think his tail will heal at all at this point. I am very sorry Arashi about yoru CT, that's awful! Wally, thank you very much. I'm glad his color is great too, and jeez, he is soooo spunky! iHeart, exactly the same. :) I've never seen him happier. I think it's from his tank switch though, and not the smaller tail. Oh well, I'll do my best.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Thank you so much guys! Oh, you have no idea. I worked so hard for 3 months, and now I'm right back where I started. I don't think his tail will heal at all at this point. I am very sorry Arashi about yoru CT, that's awful! Wally, thank you very much. I'm glad his color is great too, and jeez, he is soooo spunky! iHeart, exactly the same. :) I've never seen him happier. I think it's from his tank switch though, and not the smaller tail. Oh well, I'll do my best.
Unfortunatly Aki seems to want to find ways to torture me in any way possible from disappearing to biting me he's done me in almost with the tail. T-T He's healthy and as spunky as ever.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #7 
denaliwind

Ugh, that's such a bummer. :(
I know how it feels, you must have put so much energy and hope into him and the little stinker just had to get himself into trouble. >.<; Good thing he's healthy otherwise! :D

Last edited by denaliwind; 05-08-2011 at 12:00 AM.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #8 
roypattonphoto

i say its time to invest into a Cannister filter setup or Sponge Filter setup
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #9 
Larsa

Awww poor Butterfly...my cousin has a deep-blue VT named shark who loves to get stuck onto the filter lol. Well just make sure he doesnt get sick or infected. : / Do you have a picture of him before and after? Hopefully its not too bad. Poor lil guy. HMs are gorgeous too! Strange behavior but as long as hes happy and healthy...

My male CT is the opposite; he is afraid of my aquarium accessories! ( spent his entire life in a dingy petsore betta container after he was a week old ) so he hates the bubble stone, is scared crapless of glow in the dark stuff ( removed those) and is scared to go against or near aquarium plant decore ( even though the plastic is very soft and gentle for him ) he likes the thermometer, thats it lol.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

THank you guys! It is a bummer. Larsa, I have a full album full of pics of him before they were torn, and I made a thread at the begginning of febuary about him getting torn up if you want to see. :)