Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #1 
eclover09

White Petco Betta : P

Sooo, the past months have sucked for fishies : ( Four of my males have died and two of my females...I went off to college this semester and I lived in a dorm, so I couldnt bring my fishes : / I didn't want to give them away, because next semester I will be sharing a house with some friends and they said I could bring all my fishes. So I left my males with my mom who, she didn't mean too at all but, she has a very, very busy life and couldn't keep up with taking care of them. She forgot to feed them a lot and didn't keep up with water changes, especially with my two tanks that had live plants...so needless to say many of my fishes died. I had given my females to a friend, but two apparently got sick with something and my friend struggled to keep up with proper treatments, so they died too. Needless, to say, I was heartbroken : / The hardest was Valentine, my two year old male and Christmas, who was my little midget fish...

So I had decided since I had the last three males all spread out, to just split them in a twenty gallon long and tear down my twenty gallon and ten gallon. To my surprise however when I went back home from college, I found a new little friend waiting for me : ) Apparently my mom felt so bad for not caring properly for my fish, she went searching for weeks to all the petco's and petsmarts in our area looking for either a yellow or white betta, which are my dream fish. And she found one! I call him Xmas, cause I like to name my betta's after holidays, but I didn't have the heart to give him the full name Christmas of my past fishey so I shortened it. He's a white halfmoon! And just has a little tint of pink under bright light. My camera's dead and I cant find the charger lol so I took a video on my phone, cause I'm excited to show him off. It was definitely nice to have a little perk up after having so many fish pass away, he is very beautiful and is lovin' his new tank, especially the bubbles : P

http://tinypic.com/r/23haofs/7
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:00 AM   #2 
FuulieQ

:( That must have been so hard for you... but your Mom's really sweet. And Xmas is gorgeous! Be sure to thank your Mom. And also post still photos. :B
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #3 
eclover09

Got my camera working :D Some pictures I was able to grab lol

Old 05-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #4 
SillyCone

Awwww, you should go and look for a nice redish betta and give it to your mum as a thank you, and make her try to keep him alive this time! XD
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #5 
chelsmarie23

*drools* *steals*
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #6 
eclover09

He's pretty, isn't he? : D I love to watch him lol
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #7 
orphansparrow

i'm sorry about your fish..:( but this new guys is absolutely gorgeous! what a beauty! even his face is wonderful! your mom was really sweet to do that for you. ^_^
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote