Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #1 
Siamese Fighting Fish

Ripped Tail? :(

So I can't take a pic of my Betta, but here is a rough reconstruction that I drew. Is this a deformation or a rip?

And thanks for the water temp. help :).

Last edited by Siamese Fighting Fish; 05-08-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Siamese Fighting Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #2 
Siamese Fighting Fish

Please help
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

We need some more information.....

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additive used, appetite and type/how much food, how long have you had him and when did the signs/symptoms first appear and have you tried any treatments/medications...can you give more detailed information about the problem......any tank mates...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #4 
Siamese Fighting Fish

Alright old fish lady.
Water temp = I don't have a thermo but it is room temp.
I have tried no medications / treatments, I do a 50% WC every 3 days or so, I have no filter, no live plants just a fake one, I give him 3 or so bloodworms a day, I use conditioner every WC I do, and he has 0 tank mates.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

How big is the tank.....

I would start a clean water treatment-depending on the tank size.....I would make 50-100% daily water changes for 5 days with like temp dechlorinated water...you should start to see re-growth by then...if not or it starts to get worse or changes...let us know and we can give you a different treatment....hard to say if it is related to water quality or if he is tail biting without a pic and more information.....

You need to get a thermometer so you can monitor the water temp in the tank and to use for water changes

Food-he needs a staple diet..pellets are the best to use...freeze dried food have very little nutrition...they are great to use for a treat a couple of times a week but not for the staple diet

He needs a varied high protein diet fed in small amounts several times a day to promote healing

In a unfiltered tank (unknown size) so I will assume it is less than 5gal and more than 1gal...it needs twice weekly water changes...1-50% and 1-100% to maintain water quality and fin health
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote