Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #1 
squal90

Indian almond leaf

hi guys! what do u guys think about adding some
Indian almond leaf into my tank...are they good for bettas ??
squal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #2 
LolaQuigs

They certainly are! They are a part of the betta's natural habitat. IAL release tannins into the water, which promote stronger scales, improved immunity, and overall good health. The tannins may also darken the water (depending on how many you use), which bettas like.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #3 
squal90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
They certainly are! They are a part of the betta's natural habitat. IAL release tannins into the water, which promote stronger scales, improved immunity, and overall good health. The tannins may also darken the water (depending on how many you use), which bettas like.

Thank u! ... ill buy some for sure... umm does the grade level mater.. cuz im on ebay and some are Grade A and others are grade C.

Last edited by squal90; 05-08-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #4 
LolaQuigs

The only difference is the grade A ones are prettier-looking: grade C will have holes and tears in them whereas grade A are undamaged and shaped nicely. But grade C works just as well as grade A. If you're interested in their aesthetic value then get the higher grade, but if how they look doesn't matter to you, go with the cheaper ones. Are you buying from Amy Lin? That's who I get my leaves from, she's an excellent seller.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #5 
BlueHaven

I bought from Amy Lin!
She's very nice.
C:

I haven't gotten the leaves yet (just bought them not long ago, free shipping!), but I agree you should get some.
I keep hearing great things about them.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #6 
squal90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
The only difference is the grade A ones are prettier-looking: grade C will have holes and tears in them whereas grade A are undamaged and shaped nicely. But grade C works just as well as grade A. If you're interested in their aesthetic value then get the higher grade, but if how they look doesn't matter to you, go with the cheaper ones. Are you buying from Amy Lin? That's who I get my leaves from, she's an excellent seller.

I haven't bought them yet .. but i will buy them from her right know. thanks!