betta fish

Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #1 
CTMongo

My Bettas & dog Stunnah

Pwitty dog Stunnah

Mongo & Momo

Purp, Alfrid & Boo

Ora & Ghost

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2011 at 12:18 AM.
CTMongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #2 
BlueHaven

Cute dog!
I like pit bulls.
C:

Your bettas are all very pretty!!!
But their homes are on the small side...you can read about homes in the betta fish care section. One thread is mythbusters, and another is general betta care. 2.5 gallons the minimum, some people keep them in 1 gallons, but to me even that is too small cause of added gravel and plants and decor.
They would love places to hide, seeing eachother all the time would probably stress them out.
C:
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #3 
SillyCone

Nice dog.... lol.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #4 
CTMongo

Thanks shes my baby lol & thanks my first CT mongo, i didnt even knw what he was lol jst that he was a Siamese fighting fish, and he didnt have a nice tail like how he does now wen i first got him..lol..hes my main boy lol...& Well wen sarge died my (bfs betta who we also got on the same day as Mongo) i had to get another one bt one more turned into 6 more lol..

But yea im moving states soon so thats y i havnt gotten bigger homes for them, bt wen im settled and have moved in the new place they will be getting nice big glass tanks with hidding places...and there is a blue divider that i put down so they cant see each other, i only take it out for like 10min then put it bak in for the rest of the day nd then take it bak out for about not even 5min...

oh yea these are all bettas from Pet shops around and out of my area lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #5 
BlueHaven

Awesome!
Best of wishes in moving.
^_^
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #6 
CTMongo

Thanks, Gona be really hard hard driving 3 days with my fish & dog haha lol thats were the BF comes in hehe
Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #7 
FuulieQ

Just a heads-up, the mods might give you a warning for saying 'a bad word' even if what you mean "female dog". I got a warning for using a common chatspeak abbreviation that has an H in it when I first joined, so they're pretty serious about that stuff. :U It's kind of strict but you get used to just finding other ways to say what you mean.

Your bettas are all gorgeous. :) How long until you move states? I understand not wanting to set up big tanks and stuff if you're just going to have to tear them down later. If it's going to be longer than a half a month, though, you might want to do pretty frequent water changes to make sure nobody gets sick.

Oh, and good luck in the car. :P It's a real pain transporting fish, isn't it? I have a five gallon and it must weigh like 50 pounds when it's full, and I can't fully drain it because it's planted! >_<

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #8 
babyk

I hated traveling with my boys:(
I was also stressing and checking on them. but I did put them in these

http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages...SizeName=Small

instead of their regular cups so they would have a little more room.
Thought it might be helpful:)
babyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #9 
CTMongo

Thanks for the heads up..bt if a mod is reading that can you jst please change the bad word to Gurl lol..Sorry guys for that..

Na yea wen im nxt down at that pet shop i am gna get 3 more of the same tanks and jst take the divider out so that its more spacious for them, as i cant afford bigger tanks atm nd im borrowing one off my mates spear tanks lol. But yea im changing water every 2nd day.

And thanks for that BabyK i wasn wondering what i was gna put them in wen i travel as its a 3 day drive over to the State im moving to lol..

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

Holly crap three DAYS? Man that's rough. :[ I hate 6 hours. How many trips are you making? Or are you renting/contracting a UHAL or other Tractor Trailer and making just one trip?
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote