Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #1 
Larsa

Silly things our fish do!

We all know our bettas have 'interesting' individual characteristics : P some unusual and sillier than others! What personality and habits does your betta have? Share here!

Last edited by Larsa; 05-09-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #2 
gmd1800

Octo thinks he's a fighter jet. He swims to the top of the tank, dives, and zooms through his cave and toy ball, does loop de loops, and swims to the top to do it all over again. He's afraid of my Herpes plush (literally - it's the plush version of what a herpes virus looks like). He zooms off and hides in his cave when he sees it.

Nero (formerly Hestia) is afraid of red nail polish, but eagerly follows Herpes around. He doesn't do much out of the ordinary (he's the normal one out of the two).
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #3 
Blaze54

Blaze:Pretty aggressive,curious,funny and very protective (I guess that falls in with aggressive).
Prince:Shy,also curious,likes to be (well as close as he can)close to you.
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #4 
Blaze54

Oh and Prince(when it comes to things like sudden movement is the total opposite of Blaze)Will run...swim right into his cave and not come out till everything is perfectly still :)

Last edited by Blaze54; 05-09-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #5 
Larsa

Red nail polish? LOL!

Ryu is scared of glow in the dark aquarium plants, eats bubbles from bubblestone, likes to swim with or against the current of his new filter, sleeps on top of his plants like a nest,*cuddles* with his thermometer, litterally yawns after he wakes up from naps, and as soon as he sees my spouse or me-rushes to the surface in his feeding corner and *begs* for food!

Last edited by Larsa; 05-09-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #6 
FireKidomaru

my one fish that has such a unique personality is Demyx...he flares at anyone but me...hes on my dresser so everyone sees him lolz he is so social...he comes right up to the glass and says "hello!", after of corse he flares his butt off at the strange person... he only stops flaring if i put my hand to the glass or look right at him
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #7 
orphansparrow

this is a fun topic. ^^

my betta yangtze is actually quite...normal. doesn't have any particular quirks or anything. i've had bettas in the past that had very distinct personalities. this guy is quite active, sleeps on top of his heater...his favorite thing seems to be when i put a mirror up to his tank. he LOVES to flare. he flares like crazy and makes his fins as huge as possible. he seems to be very...masculine in some way. lol! kind of stoic, and into fighting.
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #8 
Tisia

my new little girl swims right into her cup when I change her water, most of the time I have to slowly tip her out of the cup though, lol, she's so cute
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #9 
Larsa

I just got a female, Kasumi, and I set her tank against Ryu's just to introduce them. Ryu immedietly shot out a lot poop when he saw her and showed off like he was hot stuff! She followed him across the tank-not shy- and turned dark Kasumi is extremely active o.O
Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #10 
caitic10

My female Suki is quite funny. Whenever someone looks at her, she zooms right over to you and practically paces along the wall until you leave. Then she will go back to her own business. She also loves to rest, lying on her plastic plant.

My mom's male Po, always flares when anyone comes to his tank. He always has some bubble nest going.
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote