Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #11 
Luimeril

the pet store i go to, sells those things, but i've never seen them sell. :d then again, i've never seen anyone buy bettas while i was there(they must be ninjas!). they DO have the fancier Halfmoons in these(minus the divider):

but, they don't say "these are perfect for bettas! :D". >3< shoot, when i told them my original idea to divide a 10 gallon for two, they seemed happy about it. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #12 
callmeconfused

That seems almost as cruel as those Aquababies things!
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #13 
laughing

I wish people for 1 week would place their bettas into a 2.5+ gallon tank and see the difference in their fish. Then I know no one would go back!!

My first ever fish was when I was like 12? He was a VT! Of course, he was kept in my room and I never went in my room (I didn't even sleep in there) and I took really poor care of him. When I did show interest he just sat there. He was in one of those plastic gallon bowl things. He never swam around or anything. He was boring! I didn't like him one bit. He was just a fish.

Now, with my bettas in their 2.5 tanks, they're personality galore! And I adore them soo much. I never knew a betta, the ones you see at the store with barely any life, could be like this. That is, until 2 months ago when I started reading on here, seeing the pictures, watching your videos, then I got my female, set her up in a proper home, and she took my heart! If I don't see her everyday I'm so sad. Now my male is making huge bubble nests for me and cheers me up too!! ^.^

If people could just experience what bettas can really be like they'd be changed forever! You just can't go back.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #14 
SillyCone

Well, if you think about chinese and japanese fish cuisine that aquarium isn't bad at all.

=/

My betta survived in a 1.5L aquarium the old owners kept him in for 6 months, now he has some problems but nothing that bad.
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #15 
briser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post
Well, if you think about chinese and japanese fish cuisine that aquarium isn't bad at all.

=/

My betta survived in a 1.5L aquarium the old owners kept him in for 6 months, now he has some problems but nothing that bad.

Exactly.. He SURVIVED in 1.5L.. He didn't thrive..
We could put you in a little closet for 6 months and you'd survive too but you wouldn't be very happy. :(
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #16 
SillyCone

Quote:
Originally Posted by briser View Post
Exactly.. He SURVIVED in 1.5L.. He didn't thrive..
We could put you in a little closet for 6 months and you'd survive too but you wouldn't be very happy. :(
Yah, I just like to see the bright side. :V

Like, "could be alot worse, y'know?"
Old 05-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #17 
iheartmybettas

Yeah except for people use that as an excuse to not take proper care of their animals.

I admit to owning 2 of those torture tanks/bowls about 15 years ago. Didn't know any better but I for sure feel bad about it now and because I was a terrible owner back then. Really just lazy!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #18 
briser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post
Yah, I just like to see the bright side. :V

Like, "could be alot worse, y'know?"
It COULD be but it SHOULDN'T be. If someone wants to own a pet they shouldn't get one unless they can take proper care of it and meet it's needs. If they feel the need to use the excuse "it could be worse" they shouldn't own the pet in the first place.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #19 
SillyCone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmybettas View Post
Yeah except for people use that as an excuse to not take proper care of their animals.

I admit to owning 2 of those torture tanks/bowls about 15 years ago. Didn't know any better but I for sure feel bad about it now and because I was a terrible owner back then. Really just lazy!
Well, where I'm from is quite normal and no one really knows betta should live in a 10L+ aquarium.

Sad as it is, that's how they take care of them.

I remember when I was at primary school, once I went to my teacher's house to get something, I cant remember what though, then she invited me to her house, they had this bowl, must be like.. idk 2-3L bowl with a betta inside, it was gorgeous and huuuuge, they said they had it for years like that and it was "happy" as it was.

I have a 10G tank coming (still didnt arrive ) for my betta and maybe I will use a divider and buy another one. But you see, in my house we are a bit paranoid about pet care, that's why we bought it, but most people, yes most people, would just leave a the fish into a small quarium.

It's cheaper, easier to care and you don't have to waste much time on it, and it's "nice to look the fish".

That's how people are. =/
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #20 
TonyK

I had 2 that I kept in Mason jars. I've had quite a few tanks in my day but never any Bettas. I thought up until 1.5 months ago they should be kept in really small containers. I almost say a throw away fish. I found this website and it changed my thoughts very quickly on that idea. Within the week I had them in a 10 gallon divided tank. It was amazing to see them swimming around with the fins open and not clamped up. When you sit there and watch them swim it is a very graceful and proud fish. I will never put a Betta in anything under a 2.5 gallon tank and thats even pushing it.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote