Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #21 
iheartmybettas

My husband says most people like pet store employees consider them throw away fish. He brings it up when I get irritated about the care of bettas. His reasoning is that they are what parents buy for there kids kinda like goldfish and so people don't really consider them real fish. What I don't get about that is bettas typically cost more per fish than other pet store fish especially when you get into half-moons, king bettas or giants. And they are prettier and have more personality. Also why cramping their beautiful fins up makes no sense. The stigma is going to be hard to overcome.

People come to my house and comment on how they havent ever seen bettas so beautiful. I'm like "they came from Walmart, Petsmart and Petco where you always see them. They just look like crap in the little dingy cup.".

Last edited by iheartmybettas; 05-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #22 
SillyCone

ikr, my brother was like "You are so nerd going to a betta forum" then I was like "BUT LOOK THESE PHOTOS! I totally want Fillet to look like it" then he was like "Ok, you won." lol!
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #23 
Luimeril

my mom stopped thinking my betta 'addiction' as a bad thing, when she saw how beautiful mine are, compared to the ones we used to have in vases back in the day. convincing her to get her own helped. >w> she loved seeing Lulu go crazy and wiggle when she got close to her tank. :d now, she adores her Counter Buddy and gets mad when his tank looks dirty(though, i think it's just the old plastic of the tank. :3).
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote