Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Yay, Walmart! :D

shocking, huh? but, i am proud to announce that my walmart has STOPPED SELLING BETTAS! :O all together! i saw them re-doing the fish section, and took a peek at the outlines for the shelves. they're getting in some pretty neat-sounding tanks, and i saw one of these on the shelf:

it's a 1.8 gallon, and the box is HUGE! i kinda want one, to put Caroline in. >.>; i'll admit that. it's .3 gallons bigger than her current tank. :d they're getting in some 2.5 gallon wave-things(the wavy tank you see at walmart.com), and a 3 gallon "goldfish" tank, that totally interests me(not for goldfish, of course!). so, yay Walmart! :D good job! guess my complaining(almost put something NOT family-friendly there. >.>; glad i stopped myself!) paid off. :d i told that manager off, gave him a huge piece of my mind when Remy died. let him know that he had been fought because there's no one there to make sure he wasn't, that he had a bacterial infection from the gross water, and that he had gill flukes from it. :d i'm glad King Steve is okay, and he was that stores last live betta. >:3 and he's doing WONDERFULLY! i didn't know CTs could grow back their rays like he is. guess that means we're taking REALLY good care of him. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #2 
briser

Wow, I love that bowl thing! I hope my walmart gets those, I'll definitely be picking one up!

Yay for them not selling bettas anymore! My walmart stopped selling them years ago.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #3 
Luimeril

well, this walmart didn't sell fish for about 10 years, before getting cups of poor bettas on the shelves. Dx needless to say, i took note of EVERYTHING that was wrong, and annoyed my mom with calls from the managers. xD

i adore those bowls, but they're a tad expensive for my cheap self. :d lol i'd love to get one for, shockingly enough, the bathroom, or the living room. maybe upgrade Counter Buddy from a gallon, to 1.8 gallons. :3 he lived in a bowl most of his life, so going from bowl, to tank, to fancy bowl shouldn't bother him too much.

(yes. i had a bathroom betta. last summer, when Weiss got sick, he lived in the bathroom because it stayed hot in there. it annoyed my brother, though, who hated how Weiss would stare at him. LOL)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #4 
iheartmybettas

I have always thought those bowls were adorable. I never realized they were that big. Maybe there is a smaller version too that I am thinking of.

That is exciting that your walmart is no longer selling fish. Wish mine would. I have only seen 1 Walmart in DFW that didn't at least sell bettas.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #5 
briser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
well, this walmart didn't sell fish for about 10 years, before getting cups of poor bettas on the shelves. Dx needless to say, i took note of EVERYTHING that was wrong, and annoyed my mom with calls from the managers. xD

i adore those bowls, but they're a tad expensive for my cheap self. :d lol i'd love to get one for, shockingly enough, the bathroom, or the living room. maybe upgrade Counter Buddy from a gallon, to 1.8 gallons. :3 he lived in a bowl most of his life, so going from bowl, to tank, to fancy bowl shouldn't bother him too much.

(yes. i had a bathroom betta. last summer, when Weiss got sick, he lived in the bathroom because it stayed hot in there. it annoyed my brother, though, who hated how Weiss would stare at him. LOL)
How much is that bowl at your walmart? I'm pretty cheap too but if it's something I reallllly like I'll stretch for it.

Also, can you give me the link to where you found the picture of that bowl so I can take a look at it? :)
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #6 
Luimeril

i don't know how much it is at walmart, since there was no price on or around it, but at Petco.com, it's over $40. Dx here's a link to it at amazon. :3

http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Waterfal...5050935&sr=8-1
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #7 
briser

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #8 
Littlebittyfish

They sell it at my local walmart..I believe (and icould be wrong)That it ws around 20-25 dollars...I ended up going with the 5 gallon kit. I think it is adorable but if I got it I would have to try and figure out a lid for it...which I think would take away from the design maybe? I am paranoid after having my one fish jump up 3 inches and out of a 1x2 hole in my hooded 2.5 gallon tank...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #9 
Luimeril

that's ALOT cheaper than Petco, or amazing! :O i may have to save up for one.

Caroline's never jumped, unless i was teasing her with my finger(she BIT me a few times!), and Counter Buddy never has, either. but, i guess you could rig up a clear plastic 'lid' with a small hole for the waterfall... :d
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #10 
Littlebittyfish

All of my fish bite me..I think they hate me sometimes...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote