Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #1 
briser

Gonna miss my fish so much. :(

I'm leaving on Saturday to go back to university for spring courses. I'm leaving my four babies in the hands of my mother for 5 weeks. I'm a nervous wreck because she thinks I don't feed them enough (so she'll probably give them way more than what they should have.) and she doesn't think I should change the water as often as I do (so she probably won't do the right amount of water changes.)

I wish I could take 'em all with me but unfortunately I can't. :(
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #2 
Luimeril

give her written instructions on how to care for them, and tell her if anyone's sick or dead when you return, she has to pay for a new fish, or for whatever meds they need. (serious on the written part, half-joking on the rest).

i hope all your babies are okay when you return! :O
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #3 
Silverfang

I know what you mean, left my boy with mother while I'm out of province on a summer work term. She too thinks it's not enough food, and I know she's been slipping him an extra pellet (3 instead of 2). Despite all this he's built his first bubble nest in about a month or so. Go figure. I'm sure your babies will be okay.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #4 
Cassiopeia

You must be a nervous wreck right now and that's never a great feeling to have when you leave for the University. I'd have to agree with the written instructions idea and let your mother know just how important it is to follow all the instructions that you've written and not what she believes. Let her know that you know she wants the best for the fish, but what she believes is right isn't the right thing to do. If it's necessary then you should show her why it is important to follow the instructions with a few photographs. That may convince her that what she believes isn't always going to be in the right.
Cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #5 
briser

Thanks for the words of comfort guys. I will do the written list up before I leave.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote