Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #1 
masshiimarro

divided tanks or separate tanks?

Hey, so i was wondering if you guys prefer to have your bettas in one big tank, but divided, or have separate smaller personal tanks to house them?

i think it looks better to house them in different tanks, and it prevents any accidents with the dividers... but maybe its a bit more work, versus a divided tank to save space and maybe a little easier to manage, but the divider isnt very appealing to look at.. imo.

i just cant decide what i want to do with my 10 gallon, currently divided between 2 fish. i want to get two 5 gal individual tanks for them instead of dividing, but since i already have the 10 gallon there and housing them.. eh, it just seems like a hassle. also i will be going to college soon, and i do plan to take them with me... so i need to take that into consideration too..

your opinions/thoughts?
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #2 
Waterbottle2

I have tried dividers and would HIGHLY recommend separate tanks
Goodluck!!
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #3 
masshiimarro

okay, thats what i was thinking too, since ive already had one divider accident..

.. i had a friend suggest making tanks, since many of them are pretty pricey imo? .. any thoughts on that? while making a tank seems like a cool project, i feel that the glass/acrylic that we get from like home depots might not be the same stregnth or quality as a store-bought tank... since after all, they do make these for a living..
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #4 
roypattonphoto

yah i suggest individual tanks....

reasons:

1: prevents a mass disease breakout
2: prevents a incident where they may jump over the divider or swim under during water changes and creating a ninja incident..

also a perk is you can have several diff themes and habitat setups...

Good Luck,!

making your own tanks, i think the glass needs to be a certain thickness, and the acrylic needs to be a non-breathing type of acrylic as well as a high temp treated piece of acrylic....
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote