Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #1 
Ariel1719

Started a Sorority!

Well a few weeks ago I had plans to start a sorority but they fell through. Well today I spontaneously decided I was going to start it! So it has 5 girls in it. Pandora and 4 other females I bought from petsmart today. They have only been in the tank for about half hour and so far it looks like Pandora and another blue female are the most dominant. The three other girls are kinda by themselves and swimmin around. I have to go to work so I wont be able to watch them until tonight but I think im going to take out Pandora and the aggressor for tonight and then re release them tomorrow when I can watch them more carefully. I have pics of the set up (its a planted 10gal) and the girls :)

Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 
Ariel1719

Change of plans, going to be returning 4 of the girls Tomorrow, keeping my AB girl Pandora she was the most dominant but kept on getting torn up! I'll be returning them tomorrow and splitting the 10gal in half for her to have 5gals and an empty half looking for the perfect male :) or a small community of tetra's or something. :)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #3 
Johnificent

hahaha, ok :) splitting the tank XD though, i was looking forward to studying your sorority XD the females were 99 cents right? :P
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #4 
scootshoot

While it sounds like you have already returned your females, if you attempt another sorority in the future be Patient and let nature run its course. After about a week things should settle down drastically.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #5 
Ariel1719

Yea I worked all last night and when I got home I was too tired to do anything else so I left Pandora out in a cup in my room for the night and then the other 4 girls in the tank seem to be great already! No chasing even swimming together... Im still going to return them because my priority was pandora my ab girl. Next time I want to do up a sorority will probably be next year when Im thinking of doing a huge one in a 65gal when I move. Or if not in the 65gal then get a 20gal to make a sorority. :)
Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #6 
Ariel1719

Wow im terrible, change of plans again! Im keeping it :D They are doing great after i readded Pandora :) Now to think of names! More pics later to come.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #7 
callmeconfused

Great to hear! I've got my girls and my tank, just gotta wait until one of their fins heals up before I can add them, though. I'll be watching this thread to see how yours do. Good luck!

I was having issues with names too, just watch them for a bit, and they come to you, lol.
My girls names are Alice, Abba, Angel, Abigail, Copper, Fetti, Eleanore, Lavender, and Cotton Candy(or CC)

Last edited by callmeconfused; 05-10-2011 at 07:40 PM.
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #8 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
hahaha, ok :) splitting the tank XD though, i was looking forward to studying your sorority XD the females were 99 cents right? :P

What happened to all those poor goldfish in that tiny tank?

Again, if you have them....Stop buying bettas and get THEM the bigger tank >_>"
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #9 
kathstew

I'm soooo glad you got your sorority! I know you've been wanting one for awhile. Congrats on getting it! Did your mom freak out?

Your tank set-up is amazing! Just spectacular!
Haha, whatever names come to you will come. My sorority is: Drama Queen, Ocean, Little Red, Butterfly, Faith. XD Terrible names, I know. But I love them! :)

I LOVE the name Athena... Aretha, Abigail, Delilah.. LOL I'm terrible with names!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #10 
Ariel1719

I finally came up with some! I just need to get some individual photos.... which is hard! You have Pandora the AB baby. Suki a red/green wash VT, Skye a dark blue/light blue marbly VT, Blurr a very mild mustard gas VT.. maybe the biggest female, and then Aero a royal blue with a black head VT...

My mom didn't much freak out as she knows this is what makes me happy! I also got my brother to help me ;)

So far so good! A few torn fins on everyones part. So far Skye is the least dominant... the other don't even chase her anymore. Suki, Aero, Blurr and Pandora are flaring when they see each other still, but it looks like the top three dominant are Blurr, Aero, and Pandora. Suki has been the most shy but has been coming out of her shell more starting to flare at the other girls. Today was the first time I fed them since being home and they all came and peacefully ate together! There are lots of hiding places and it seems like everyone has their own! Im going to take some more pics today with my SLR and hopefully get some decent ones! They are sooo hard to get pics of :P