Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #1 
tokala

Cool Diablo and Sam's new digs

I haven't posted on here in a while- got crazy busy with school and finals. The boys got new digs a while back and I thought I would share!

I have heard mixed reviews on the Fluval Chi, but personally I LOVE it! (After baffling the filter...) Diablo seems to love all the extra space too, just started building bubble nests since he has been in it!

Sam got a re-decoration for his 10 gal. Nothing special, just a new look
Attached Images

tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #2 
Tisia

lol, that second pic of sam looks like he has anime eyes, so cute
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #3 
Dragonlady

Very nice pictures! I like the way you aquascaped your tanks and gorgeous fish!

By the way, is that a marineland heater in your tank? If so, please check to make sure it is not one of the ones that has been recalled.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #4 
tokala

@ Tisia- They totally do! I should have got a picture of the other side, it has even more freckles on it haha.
@ Dragonlady- Thanks! And yes, those are both marineland heaters. The one in the fluval is ok, but the one in the 10 gal needs to be replaced. I bought an Aqueon, and it pooped out right off the bat :( so I put the marineland back in until my new one arrives in the mail :)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #5 
denaliwind

Wonderful tanks! I love the decorations you used. Your newest fish is so gorgeous, I love his eyes! You'll have to keep my updated on the Chi (pros/cons) when you've had it longer, it's an attractive tank! How's Diablo doing? I remember he was being a little turd acclimating to his new home. XD
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #6 
SashimiBetta

Talking about the first picture: I saw that tank, and I loved it..But I am unsure if it's the BEST tank- Do you recommend it?
SashimiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #7 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
Wonderful tanks! I love the decorations you used. Your newest fish is so gorgeous, I love his eyes! You'll have to keep my updated on the Chi (pros/cons) when you've had it longer, it's an attractive tank! How's Diablo doing? I remember he was being a little turd acclimating to his new home. XD
Thanks denaliwind! As always, you are so sweet :) And yes, Diablo is FINALLY a happy healthy fish! He lost a couple scales when I first got the Chi. The filter intake is so tiny I didn't think there was any way he could get stuck in it...but then I caught him in the act- he would let himself get sucked up, then blast back out of it (every bit of red on his body pale pink) and with giant eyes. Then it was as though he would think about it for a second then say "THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!"....he would flare at it, and do it again!! Fortunately, he just has a couple black spots where he lost his silver scales but is otherwise fine.

Overall, my only complaint about the Chi is the water evaporation. Also, of course, that it doesn't have a hood. You cant lower the water too much either since it has to be a certain level for the filter to work. Diablos fins are so heavy I just pray he will never be a jumper. I would like to make a plexi-glass cover for it this summer. But the filter keeps my water crystal clear, and I feel like it is really easy to clean and maintain.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #8 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiBetta View Post
Talking about the first picture: I saw that tank, and I loved it..But I am unsure if it's the BEST tank- Do you recommend it?
I agree that for a betta, it is probably not the BEST tank. However, for this particular fish, it seems to be a great fit. He is so happy in it. The water evaporation is pretty bad, and I add more water every couple of days. I definitely would not recommend it for a jumper! I am going to ask a glass company to make me a Plexiglas top for it this summer. Some people feel as though it is hard to clean, however I have had no problems with that. The filter works great and is really gentle. Diablo's fins are heavy and I was worried about the current being too strong but it hasn't been a problem. I think the biggest consideration is the open top. Otherwise, I LOVE it!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #9 
jesstanner

I LOVE Diablo and Sam! Sam's coloring is sooo pretty and I love his eyes! The eyes are one of my favorite parts about bettas...:) That second tank is AWESOME by the way! What is that really cool glass ball you have in it?
jesstanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #10 
briser

I have almost the same little glass ball thing.. it came on a little stand that lights up and makes noises, I was going to throw it out the other day, I never thought of using it as a decoration in my fish tank! Thanks for the idea! haha.

Awesome tanks by the way. :)
briser is offline   Reply With Quote