Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #11 
metalbetta

My guess is that you might have spread it to the male while you were doing water changes without knowing it. I try to make sure I'm pretty much sterile after touching the sick ones, but Winston had an injury on his forehead that turned into a white speck on his forehead not long ago... I treated it quick and he's fine, but I'm thinking I might have gotten the bacteria into his tank by mistake.
Definitely test your water though, you never know what could be in the city supply.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #12 
naturegirl243

metalbetta brings up a good point it might have spread, do you net your fish? if you do I would really clean them or buy new ones( I usualy scoop mine with a cup but they all have there own cups) if you don't think you spread it then maybe it was just his time he might have gooten old or just had something internal happen.My first betta had like a stroke he swam around really fast and crazy one night I walked out of the room for something and when I came back he was dead.So sometimes there is nothing you can do.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #13 
TheKingsFish

They've never had any contact...not even with nets. We've always used cups to catch them and then sterilized them afterward.

Best we can figure maybe Oberon choked on a baby snail or something. He always had it in for them, and it wouldn't have taken much for one of them to climb in with him.
TheKingsFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #14 
naturegirl243

hmmm thats very possible, the only other contact I could think of would be a siphon.Did he look really bloated or anything like that when you found him? I'm stumped I just hope you don't loose anymore.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote