Betta Fish Forum banner

Dangit!

902 views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  newfiedragon 
#1 ·
I was gonna wait until Petsmart opened this weekend to get a new betta, but I made the mistake of going into Pets Unlimited this evening. Expecting to see a few unhealthy blue bettas listlessly swimming (or not swimming), what to my wondering eyes should appear but a new shipment! And in amongst all the really pretty reds and blues (and a very pretty one with green iridescence), I found this guy.

I just couldn't resist him. I even went back and got him after leaving the store. He doesn't have a name yet, I've got to figure out a good one. So now I might not be getting a new betta this weekend at Petsmart. *sigh* But I likes my new little buddy. :-D

Oh...and Root Beer says hi too!

See less See more
#2 ·
oooooooh... something other than those poor forgotten blues!?
Nice find, extraordinary considering where you got him, course I shouldn't speak so badly, got my Scuzi from there. He looks wonderful.

OH! and for the name, what about Champange? staying on the drink theme (And no I don't know how to spell :O)

#3 ·
He's the same color as Saix! :D

There's an alcoholic beverage named Peach Fuzz, that would be so cute! But I like Champagne too! :D

#4 ·
I found it really funny that the most interesting fish they had there today (my new guy and the green looking one I mentioned earlier) were put over on the side where the lights weren't hitting them. I had a small led flashlight with me, so that I could see the iridescence on the fish. My new guy was put on the top level in the darkest corner where you couldn't see him if he was at the back of his 'tank'. I think he only came to the front where I could see him because he saw me shining my light.

Of course, he might have been put there on purpose cause one of the staff wanted to buy him. Oh, well! :lol:

#8 ·
Here's the pic I had posted earlier of Root Beer! I wasn't thinking when I moved it to another folder on photobucket! lol

#10 ·
Right now I'm thinking Aether. It's the name of a greek god of light, namely the bright, upper glowing air of heaven. It's also a medieval word for upper air or pure air.

#11 ·
But I'm still not decided.

#12 ·
I like Aether. It's a pretty name for a pretty feesh. C: Be sure to update so we can watch his colors come in!!

#14 ·
I agree, Champagne Jon does have a nice ring to it. But Aether popped into my head, and it's stuck there, so I've decided that that's gonna be his name.

He's a timid little guy. He's currently in a half gallon tank with a silk plant, and every time I go near the tank he hides behind the plant. Hopefully he'll get used to me soon.

#17 ·
I've posted some more pics of Aether in the thread with his name as the title.

#18 ·
I think his top fin is already starting to colour up a bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.