Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #1 
YoshesMom

wal-mart rescue

soo I rescued a betta from walmart tonight his water was the worst ive ever seen you could barely tell what color he was but through all this he was happily swimming around his little cup with the brightest little face he was sooo happy to see me i nearly broke down in the store i doe eyed my mom and she bought him for me! so here he is before and after his name is Peaches
Attached Images

YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #2 
YoshesMom

After
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2011, 03:24 AM   #3 
YoshesMom

hes nothing special but hes sooo greatful. its almost sad to watch him he has no idea what to do with all his new space hes barely explored and stays close to the surface
Old 05-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #4 
Gizmothefreaky

oh my word! I wouldnt have been able to leave him behind... o.o That water is the worst i have ever seen, even at my walmart, and they are pretty bad, let me tell you.

Peaches is a perfect name for him! I would love to see bigger pics of him too. :3
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #5 
ilovebunnies

Poor little fishy. I'm sure he'll color up in no time ;)
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM   #6 
YoshesMom

i'll be able to post better pics once he settles i transfered him right away into clean holding water because i had a spare 2 gallon drum tank but it wasnt set up and i didnt want him to spend one more sec in that filth( i actually teared up when i saw his water and im NOT a crier) i gave him a blood worm and he had no idea what to do with it. hes still slowly realizing he has room to actually swim he hung out at the top for a few hours he has finally discovered his plant and hes not to sure what to think of gravel wait till he realizes he has a toy/cave in there. I almost feel like im watching an adopted child from a 3rd world country step on grass or have there own room for the first time..hes very leary of his new environment but im sure he will be racing around in no time
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #7 
Burd

Poor guy... I wish you the best of luck nursing him back to full health and helping him realize life doesn't have to suck being stuck in those cups. He'll be one pretty fish when he's back up to snuff. :)
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #8 
YoshesMom

ty he seems to be exploring more this morning and eating like his never had food ever ive been spoiling him with freeze dried blood worms hes had about 5 and he thinks there gods gift to fish better pics later
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #9 
TonyK

I can't believe that is how they were keeping him. That is so horrible but, sounds like he has a good home now.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #10 
SillyCone

Well, in the end they got what they wanted, sell the fish, which sucks because they will just continue doing it.

BUT!

On the other hand, it's ALWAYS nice to see a living being happy and healthy.

It's just like my betta when I put him on his new aquarium, he couldn't believe it, he was swimming afraid of hitting the wall in the middle of the aquarium xD!

But he was on a 1.5L tank, not on a cloudy dirty cup. Poor bastard, the worse thing is that a fish is just a fish in the end, it will take some time for people to start considering aquatic living beings as... well living beings!

Don't you ever go to Portugal, you won't believe what you will find about sea-food, well you can say the same about the whole Europe in a lobster matter, but Portugal...? Man, I felt sick... :C

Oh, Brussels' airport as well.

Those tanks with half-dead lobsters,crabs,shrimps... anything.
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote