Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #1 
chasity

Introduce myself

I wanted to say HI!
I am Betta obsessed. Hoping to meet some others who are as well.
I am a novice hoping to learn a lot….
chasity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

welcome to the forum!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #3 
Blaze54

Welcome to the world of betta possessed people,you should fit right in !
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #4 
Ethan

Yes you will also be known as a betta holic and a betta slave for now on lol as we are. bettas are awesome I wish you luck in your betta adventure!
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #5 
chasity

thanks much!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #6 
laughing

I just have to say... we are BAD influences. And we are great at giving peer pressure especially pertaining to buying more bettas!! LOL
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #7 
chasity

haha,,,,i don’t even need that. as soon as I know my guys, are under good proper conditions, i have have perfected their care….I will be buying, more!!! I have done NOTHING but researched Bettas all week. Watching videos, and trying to find proper breeders, so i will not be just buying from my local petsmart. ALthough, I am a sucker for their cute little faces overtime i go in there and see them in those little cups :( poor little guys,
Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #8 
Pekemom

Welcome to the forum, Chasity! You've found a great place for information and friendship. We do love our bettas, spoil them like crazy and love to share our experiences. Let us know how you're doing and pictures, pictures, pictures!!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #9 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasity View Post
haha,,,,i don’t even need that. as soon as I know my guys, are under good proper conditions, i have have perfected their care….I will be buying, more!!! I have done NOTHING but researched Bettas all week. Watching videos, and trying to find proper breeders, so i will not be just buying from my local petsmart. ALthough, I am a sucker for their cute little faces overtime i go in there and see them in those little cups :( poor little guys,
Good for you! Bettas do deserve care, just like every other fish, and I'm glad you see that. It's amazing how brilliant their colors get under great care. My boy builds bubblenests 24/7! Both of mine are PetCo bettas and I love them dearly. Just because they're from a petstore doesn't mean they're going to be sick or "bad" bettas, so if you ever see a cute one, pick him/her up!

Our big thing here is dividing tanks! Walmart sells 10 gallon "starter" kits for $30 in most areas. What we enjoy doing is splitting 10 gallons into 2 or 3 sections (there are many threads talking how to do this, just search under the "search" bar) so it is space-saving. As well, 20 gallon LONG tanks work great and can easily be split into 5! It also saves on electrictiy for cords and such. Not to mention, it's better to have 1 filter, 1 light, and 1 heater for 3-5 bettas compared to every single one. Really saves money.

Soon I will be buying a 10 gallon and diving it in half for my PetCo boy and my new AB (Aquabid) boy from a breeder on here. I get my new boy in another week!! So look out for pictures! ;)

We hope to see you around! AND WE WANT PICTURES. ;D
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote